Huge cloud walls caused by erroneous live weather

Today I tried another flight, starting at KUIL.

I started with a weather preset and turned on live weather in the flight (otherwise live weather would not load).

The first thing I saw was a huge wall of clouds which did not look natural at all:

Checking the weather map, there’s definitly something wrong:

This is how the FS map showed weather:

And this is the weather according to Meteoblue:

This is not the first time I have seen these cloud walls, but this is a very obvious example, so I made some screenshots.

Please, create a Zendesk with a link to this post. :slight_smile:

I will. But I would also like to know if others have observed this issue too. If it’s a rather rare problem, I think there are other issues that are more important at the moment… :thinking:

About one hour later I started a flight at the same airport, and everything was back to normal.

1 Like

Same here.

About creating Zendesk tikets… it is as useful as writing to Santa… I already had enough, and won´t waste more time doing it.

1 Like

It is useless if you want personal support. But if you want to help prioritize or fix bugs then it isn’t.

It looks a lot like a storm front we see in real life though worse that the ones rolling in from the ocean I see from home sometimes. So, it is certainly possible and not even uncommon (maybe depending on where you live) to see a wall of cloud and I’ve seen real photos that look as bad as the one in the sim you have there. The Meto-blue shot seems to show a nice wall of precipitation so I’m not sure it is completely wrong. But the MFD weather map is certainly broken and I think the in-sim weather representation is a over the top but that chart is quite different to what I’m used to.

Good on you for a comprehensive post. With this level of info the devs would at least take the issue seriously.

Although there is a cloud formation that resembles this somehow, if I were to bet I would bet that this is a bug and not a real weather phenomenon.

Similar cloud formation:

Don’t expect to get this fixed then

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.