I agree with the update delay if a major issue was found

Hi Asobo. I saw that the update may be delayed a few days: https://www.flightsimulator.com/update-5-delay/

I agree with your actions this time. It’s better to delay the update if there are major “show stopping” issues, rather than forcing the update to go out. Please release a stable update. Thank you.

128 Likes

I completely agree! I’m fine waiting a bit longer to ensure a quality release. Thanks for caring about quality Asobo!

34 Likes

I wonder if this is a new bug or if they simply realized how broken the autopilot is and decided to just hold off and fix it. I’m looking forward to no longer going into a steep nose dive of death 50% of the time you disengage AP! I too would rather wait.

12 Likes

This delay clearly shows an improvement of your testing process. Thank you Asobo :heart:

44 Likes

I don´t belive that it´s done with this update… we have 4 Updates until now and every single update is not a step forward. Sad, I wish update 5 is a good one, but i hardly don´t belive in it!

Asobo, please show us the opposite!!! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Same for me. The autopilot issues are really disturbing and immersion braking. Take your time and release a stable update.

Thanks for your hard work!
All in all the Simulator is a dream come true.

12 Likes

Agreed. Glad they caught it and decided to delay the update for a few days rather than introducing a big bug and waiting a couple weeks to fix it.

4 Likes

Hopefully they can chime on this delay tomorrow during Devs Q & A. Delay is fine as long as they feel it

Guessing that breaking the AP is a result of trying to tweak it, so maybe…

1 Like

On one hand, seems like it’s absolute amateur hour over at Asobo.

On the other hand, glad they’re taking the time to fix it and not release something they know is broken (like knowing an update breaks trim issues in the Longitude)

7 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

3 Likes

Delaying something that isn’t ready is the polar opposite of Amateurish.

17 Likes

Better to wait a few days.

2 Likes

I guarantee with absolute certainty that you have absolutely no idea of how game development works if you think ANY of this is “simple.”

21 Likes

Delaying it at the 11.5th hour, is however. Not to mention the litany of other issues that have been brought up since the Alpha days and are still broken.

13 Likes

That’s the correct call. I can’t speak for everyone else but I’m sure most of us can wait.

24 Likes

Of course it is the correct call

and

Of course we have no choice but to wait! :sweat_smile:

You’re very easily offended if telling you that you don’t know something that objectively you don’t know offends you.

Money doesn’t make one of the most complex products on the market less complex.

Again. The more you talk about “simple” things, the more you demonstrate that you literally don’t know what you’re talking about.

Quite obviously, you never experienced a sim at launch.

Patches delay at the 11.5th hour are extremely common in the gaming industry, for products much less complex than this.

14 Likes

Quick GET THE POPCORN AND CRISPS

2 Likes

Oh, some here have plenty of choices, like whining, raging, insulting other forum members, the list goes on and on. I choose to use my time with something more productive lol

8 Likes