I am shocked, but not surprised, about all the negative comments here

Sorry, I can’t help you here, I’d recommend professionals.

Following your example, you are enjoying the hurricanes and I come and say “I don’t like them, I am not seeing winds”.The way I see it, that shouldn’t spoil your enjoyment and I am sure you understand that if I am not enjoying it, I do have a right to say it as far it is in the appropiate thread.

I do believe you are enjoying the game, is that hard for you to understand that others may not?

2 Likes

Is it hard for you to understand that on the internet people get enjoyment from attempting to reduce it for others? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Honestly, very hard…I can’t understand how “iterrnet people” can reduce my enjoyment by saying something I don’t agree with.

TomZ85… well that’s a bit extreme calling the sim sloppy… I had a problem with my bluetooth headphones not working when I first started the sim but that was easily fixed in 20 minutes and I have not had a problem since.

There are a lot of people out there who are complainers no matter what. Today I saw a guy leave a negative review for the simulator because he had flown a few hours and was already bored.

There is a big update coming for the sim but am already seeing people complaining. Last week I saw people complaining as there was no news on upcoming updates.

That’s because you are hung up on the affect, not the cause. Your assuming they succeed in reducing someone’s enjoyment when the vast majority of the time they do not, they are still trying to. Their comment brought nothing to the thread, in most cases it hijacks it in a bid to turn it into a whine about the things they don’t like, make it a negative over a positive. Its like on YouTube, if someone says “I like this song” someone will reply with “This song is ■■■■” in a bid to invalidate the first comment. If you don’t understand this then its a pointless discussion.

Look at the “IM GETTING A REFUND” posts, id say 90% of them do not, will not and have no intention of getting a refund, in their minds however saying it makes them feel better - they feel its like an E-knife to the back of the devs and that it means something and really gets the sense of their anger over.

If they really were troubled by the purchase that much, I think the last thing they would do was come here telling they wanted a refund. I would be like, fine, go get it boy. People think they are threatning, but this accomplishes nothing.

I can’t agree with people threadjacking and complaining about their issues, go open your own thread, but they are entitled to “whine” if they spent money on this, and it’s not working.

But honestly, although I understand both points of view, I think the 90% the OP is talking about are not the real simmers, are the “causal simmers”. I say this because the real simmers can’t get their 3rd party panels working, can’t fly online on VATSIM/IVAO, can’t enjoy IFR because the default airplanes are… default, I see complaints about the weather constantly (Although I think I have no issues…)… I mean, there is something wrong with this release, and I understand that for some people is working fine (I can’t complain, the game runs well) for others has been a bad experience.

With so many problems, I can’t understand how they are taking 1+ week to fix the issues. As the OP said, nowdays things are released in a beta stage with zero days patches. Where is the 0 day patch for this one?

This isn’t just a source of income for a company and its developers, this is a lifelong hobby for tons of passionate people. We want this thing to be a smashing success more than anyone! The negativity and criticisms are a symptom of some real issues.

By: @Kiwikat88

This.

1 Like

i don’t undersrtand how someone can be shocked SHOCKED | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

but not suprised. SURPRISED | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

:man_shrugging:

7 Likes

OP: Why are you “Shocked”? I don’t agree that anyone complaining is a “Whiner”. Yes, this is going to be a bit of a rough ride for a while, and I’m sure things will slowly improve (at least I hope so after the debacle of Flight Sim World). I am enjoying some nice relaxing sightseeing, and am impressed with the overall package, but to say it is perfect, and anyone with a complaint is just raining on your parade is being just as whiny as they are.

I do have some issues with this release, not enough to stop me enjoying it, but it does have some flaws especially when you consider that it was effectively marketed to all and sundry, not just simmers. There is going to be a large contingent who might just be casual gamers and did not get what they thought they were going to get, many will just be trying it out on Steam, and as XBox Game Pass for $1, and some on Steam will immediately refund. Some of them may even come here and complain. That is their right as customers is it not? In the same vein, those customers who maybe paid £100+ also have the right to voice their complaints. So I think we should just ■■■■ it up and explain to those of limited patience that this is the norm with Flight Simulation. Hands up all those who paid for DCS modules that remain unfinished for years. Still fun though aren’t they? So I think the best way to cope is to try educating the masses rather than going full snowflake.

On that subject - apart from the included 8 short tutorial missions, a complete and utter lack of any manual, charts, or real instructions is a no-no. That was just being lazy. You can’t expect a casual simmer to just get in a 747 and just know how to operate the systems - but that is what seems to be expected. My advice to MS/Asobo is stop relying on Youtubers, and write some flight manuals, and one for the UI itself. Then you will have fewer whiners here to upset the applecart.

7 Likes

Check out the forum for Train Sim World from Dovetail. Redefines “toxic.” So far I’ve found this forum (in general) to be pretty civil and helpful, with the exception of a troll or two… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Exreme? Hardly. Sloppy is exactly what it is.

Fuel burn rate on the CJ4 being double published values and falls way short of endurance values listed in-game? Fuel capacity of the CJ4 and Longitude being identical because someone just copy-pasted and apparently never followed up? Autopilot controller gains being far off in left field on certain aircraft? There’s no excuse for these things other than a rushed product and/or sloppy work.

I see this all the time at the day job and know what’s reasonable and what isn’t. And that’s why I refuse to endorse the position of, “Well they had to put this complex system out in the wild so that with enough people all the bugs would show up.” All of these things are trivially easy to test for even internally or in an automated system, without even having to go to a beta group - much less the full production release and customer base.

I get it - sometimes Management tells you that you’re going to release Product X on Date Y and that’s that and you run out of time. Lots of ways that can come to pass, and it really sucks. But ultimately a lot of these issues could easily have been avoided.

6 Likes

To avoid any confusion - I said that this game should have been released around Christmas as it really feels “early access”. And like I said 8% of the game really needs work and 2% are simply not working.

But having flown simulators on computers since the Spectrum days and experienced the decline of mass market interest in flight simulators the last 10 to 15 years I can easily see through the problems we have with MSFS now - and see that this really IS the new simulator we have been waiting for. The other ones we have these days are really pimped 2010 products in the area that is hardest to rewrite - the core rendering engine. I really like DCS and they have been working for ages on their Vulkan migration. DCS really looks good but it has a DX10 era look like the rest of the games like IL2 BoX (great game as well), X-Plane and P3D. So now we finally get the huge investment needed from a big company like MS and an engine that has all the cool bells and whistles that the games our kids play, with amazing clouds, super detailed realistic landscapes with amazing lighting etc. And the core flight models for the GA planes show us that this will be possible to polish and tweak so that we will have great aircraft in the future.

So what I have a problem with is mostly when people that seem to have been playing simulators for ages only focus on minor details like FMS modes not implemented, weird auto pilot behaviour and install issues. And say that they want refunds because of this. Most of those issues will be sorted out in months. And for sure it is disappointing that the airliners seems very rushed out with a lot of problems (accept looks). But I am 100% sure that the skilled third party developers will be able to produce aircraft that will surpass their XP11 and P3D cousins in a year or so. The thing that surprises me most is the lack of content in the missions / challenges department that I really expected them to focus on, with a new audience that may get bored with random flights from A to B without a goal. But that will come as well.

I can understand that new recruits that are not used to this hobby expects something more polished for $120. Us old bones that where there for the stutter fest releases of FSX, Falcon 4 and Cliffs of Dover know that it can be a lot worse…

2 Likes

I’d forgotten about Falcon 4. :slight_smile:

Very well said. This new sim has huge potential. I’m willing to go along for the ride, since it’s been a decade I last actively used FSX with regularity. By that time, it was a stable bit of code. That was four-plus years after initial release. We’re just into week two with this one.

I have high hopes!

1 Like

If somebody flies heavy jets, uses FMS and autopilot and only those systems, of course they are going to be upset if the flying they like isn’t available to them, its not a minor detail to them. Its no good saying fly VFR in a Cessna if that is not what they enjoy.

Different people have different priorities in their simulator and they are not wrong to be upset if it doesnt meet their needs. Great if it works for some but that doesnt give those people the right to criticise the former for whom the sim doesnt.

5 Likes

Sacrilege!! How could anyone forget about Falcon 4?

BTW - you know it’s still going strong right? In the form of BMS, and it’s pretty good.

Agarre with OP. As surely more than 80% of user base. (And i’m being generous…it’s way more)

1 Like

Personally I am enjoying the Sim immensely and don’t give a fiddlers **** what the haters have to say. All the bugs will eventually get worked out. In the mean time I am willing to be patient and not get caught up in the FPS or Perfectionist mania.

1 Like

League of Legends sets the bar for toxic community. Players here are generally all cool with each other and it’s just an overall disappointment with the development staff and their lack of two way communication.

The sheer bootlicking on display here is shocking. This is a multi billion dollar company you’re talking about, selling a paid product that is broken on launch.
We bought a product. It doesn’t work properly.

I don’t care how much of a technical marvel it is.

I don’t care how cool you think it is.

I don’t care how shiny it is.

If it isn’t working, it isn’t working.

10 Likes

Don’t forget their 150,000+ employees who they could steal 3 of and have them communicate with us here on the forum and in discord.

1 Like

lol!

That’s great to hear. I spent a lot of time launching AGM65s back in the day. :smiley: