I am surprised with Aerosoft

It’s amazing! I’m not even a copter guy, and I’m hooked. Lot of fun, and great flight model. at least from my experience doing (crashing) RC copters anyway. Worth a look! Combined with the scenery it’s pretty cool just landing everywhere and on anything. Some nice scenery packs that add rescue missions; fallen climber, car accident, etc. I’m still trying to rescue my landings.

1 Like

Not to mention FSLabs makes great malware products too!

1 Like

Aerosoft’s from my home town’s airport (EDLP), I’ve known them since about FS 5.0… I think they’re a tad expensive, though. I’m not going to get the CRJ, either (I’m not interestred enough to pay the price).

At least I got my Honeycombs from them much cheaper than what I’d have to pay here in Denmark. The Alpha was in stock when I ordered it, and the Bravo came just as quickly as if I had ordered it from Honeycomb directly. And I was only charged for one delivery.

All in all, a very pleasant experience.

Is there actually anything that’s cheaper in Denmark than in Germany? :slight_smile: Except for vacation flat rent, I greatly enjoy that.

I’d like Orbx to repair their London scenery :cat: I have payed for it… no improvement yet, I tried update a few times already. It should not be that difficult to leave evering out that was in the UK update and scale things properly.

On the positive side… for aircraft, keep an eye on Zlinn ! they really know how to make small aircraft (Savage Cub, Savage Carbon, Shock Ultra…)

Personally I am a Carenado fan… I think YMF5 is one of the most beautiful old aircraft in MSFS. Handling is difficult, the engine feels sluggy, but this heavy taildragger… that looks… that sound… I love to see it in screenshots. Another one: Aerosoar, watch them. One for the looks/design also, it could be their last freeware product, they really set out to draw attention on flightsim.to with this !

Danish Vanilla Sauce?

If you’re looking for another good addon, I highly recommend EFB (Electronic Flight Bag)
I actually bought it (today) from Simmarket but Aerosoft are also selling it.

It’s designed for VR & is perfect for the G2

Regards
Steve

Excited for their A330… :grin:

1 Like

Yes, you have to follow A2A for GA aircrafts and Majestic for the Dash 8 Q400.

1 Like

and do not forget Fly the Maddog X for the best MD-80 series :slight_smile:

Like Flightsim.com (who don’t have their own products but used to have the best file database for mods when I started with the internet) - Aerosoft have been around for ages. I bought stuff from them over 25 years ago for FS95 and FS2000. Against them JustFlight could be considered a newcomer. And Aerosoft always had very high standards when it came to their products. And I guess that’s the main reason they’re still around, while dozens of others have come and gone in the meantime.

1 Like

Their plane was not the best looking but I considered the Maddog 80 to be the MOST complex plane made in ANY sim. I dont know if Leonardo wants to spend all their money and time on an airliner that is retiring world wide now. This plane would also have to be better visually than their model in FS9 and FSX.

The „modern aircraft“ stuff is just one side of the medal. There are just as many people who love the older aircraft as there are peoole who want to fly the latest models only and drop everything that‘s retiring in RW.

I personally can‘t see anything interesting in A350 or B787 flights but love to manage radial engines like in the upcomimg PMDG DC6 or using old aircraft like the DC9. There is a market for all of the planes and Leonardo have been extremely successful in P3D with their maddog line.

5 Likes

I am not saying I would not buy it. Consider it already in my hanger. Problem deals with econnomics and our, still, current world condition (Covid 19). I have hope the they will produce the MD80 just as well as they did and not take the route of some others (UUhmm. cap…usdfnnn …sim) and do a half bake job. If so they should have given us some sign by now of them even trying?

I don‘t think we have to worry. Leonardo are passionate about their addon. I think CS have disqualified themselves from any useful comparision in the sim community. To me Leo are on par with PMDG, A2A and FSL. It‘s a wonderful addon striving for maximum realism and satisfaction. I love it. ^^

1 Like

Quick question. Were you one of the ones who jumped in the MADDOG slammed the throttle full and wondered why it always flamed out on takeoff. I remmebered the whole community complaining until we findout thats what did happen in real life on a real plane if you slammed the throttle forward. To me this was the closest to REAL you could get in a sim. I forgot to turn on my heaters and window defrost flying over the ALPS. Failures was off but I still was introduced to the ground at a high speed.

1 Like

Lol no I usually do my calculations and stick to the procedures in these kind of aircraft. But I tried the drama for fun indeed ^^ I fly a turbo prop in reality occasionally and know how sensitive turbines are to temperature and around their max rated settings :smiley: Normally I don‘t abuse them :smiley:

I can recommend Macco for airports. I have both airports EGCC and EGBB and downloaded via there own Manager software, which now includes its own METAR, ATIS and Scratch Pad as well.
They are regularly updated via the Manager, and these updates are well before the Content Manager get’s updated.
The link to his website is: https://maccosim.com/

as a spaniard, you should check out those mexican guys as well, they are doing such an incredible job :