I can no longer dive under the bridge

I can no longer dive under the bridge

Bridges that used to pass underneath without problems, or even bridges that clearly have enough height, will crash or get caught in some transparent wall or pillar when trying to pass underneath. It came to be.

Is it the result of some ugly aggravation?
Will this terrible condition be undone?
Once again, if the extra updates were forced, this is the saddest thing that takes away so much of the main fun.
I hope it’s just a bug.
Does anyone know anything?

Most bridges I’ve flown under, I ran into invisible barricades, so I never attempt it any more… It’s been broken, depending on the bridge, for as long as I can remember…

2 Likes

The hidden wall under bridges are there since release day, even since the closed Beta tests.
You can disable Crash Damage in the Options, then you can fly under most of the bridges.

But be aware, flying under bridges can cost you your license :smiley:

2 Likes

Try turning off PG, then Im pretty sure most bridges are passable underneath. Even with PG on I can say, cruise under all the bridges on the ohio river except one that is located in cincinatti havent figured out why, didnt seem to important.

Also the bridge over the Niagara Falls canyon you can fly under but if your not flying a float plane the flight ends because your wheels hit the water, in a float plane it works go figure…

Theres a long thread somewhere here on the forums about it. Id search for that if a mod doesnt move the post for you.

1 Like

Last time I tried was on the Hudson. I had crash turned off and there was a bang under each bridge.

Considering those are probably modeled bridges I’m surprised they have that barricade. I’m sure even the most serious of simmers can’t resist flying under bridges. The AI renders do struggle with space below tops of structures.

Where it does become a problem is in an amphibious airplane like the Icon A5 given it’s a fully functional boat.

1 Like

No, I flew the course passing under the bridge almost every week.
Of course, there were some bridges that I couldn’t dive due to lack of height, so I chose to pass.
This time, every bridge is blocked for some reason.
I just hope it’s not because of the usual ■■■■-like updates.

Is that change happening recently?
This challenge, which was possible just a little while ago, was a great pleasure for small aircraft players.

Where’s your bridge @Yfl411 ? Can’t confirm for Rotterdam, that (hand-crafted) bridge still allows it.

1 Like

I think PG = photogrammetric graphics, but does it cause a physical change in the bridge?
I also have doubts about TERRAIN VECTOR DATA, so I will try them the next time I can play.
I haven’t changed anything before this trouble …
I hope it will be solved …

In this way, I flew almost every week on the Seta River, which descends from Lake Biwa to Kyoto, Japan.
I remembered the bridges that could be passed through and the bridges that were impossible, and I always passed through only the bridges that I could dive into.
Sorry for the boring Japanese video.
A Google map link for that location is pasted in the summary section.
There is also a bridge at the beginning and the bridge just around the second minute.

In yesterday’s flight, some transparent walls were formed on bridges that were tall enough, such as bridges around A little before the time stamp around 6 minutes, and especially the bridge around 6 minutes and 45 seconds.

Hello,
When asking about possible bugs, please use Community Support instead of General Discussion. This topic has been moved.

I’m also wondering if crash detection used to be turned off at some point and is now turned on for you.

If you turn on crash detection, the flight will end the moment you touch the object, right?
And even in the off state, if something hits, it will be bounced or caught in the same way.
That’s why I’ve always turned off crash detection, but I’ve never been flying without ignoring contact with the bridge.
The problem this time is that some transparent new obstacles have been created under the bridge, which has more than enough space.
In other words, even though it is an empty space, collision detection is occurring.
Moreover, they were able to pass through before.
I haven’t changed any settings, so it’s possible that some sort of deprivation of freedom has been made.

1 Like

With crash detection off there is a bang, but everything continues. At least that’s what I’ve experienced.

I usually keep crash detection off as there used to be render bugs at airports that would cause crashes.

1 Like

See I run in OMG we’re going to die mode, always have since there’s been the option in the sim.

1 Like

Of course I understand.
Until now, if there was such an impact when passing (although the flight could be continued as you pointed out), I decided that it was a maneuvering mistake because there was a collision with an obstacle and decided to fly It was canceled.
In other words, I flew back to the starting point and started over and over again until I succeeded in accomplishing it without touching any objects.
However, after this trouble that occurred yesterday, some unnatural transparent wall was created under the bridge.
The passage itself is almost impossible
In rare cases, it can be passed through, but it seems that something that is clearly transparent is thrown like a pinball and comes out, so it can not be said to be normal at all.
Even if there is enough space, it hits something transparent that has never existed before.
I suspect that the update may have some missteps.

I thought that “modeled” bridges allow passage underneath. Most are not modeled.

1 Like

Can’t find the obstacles on Seti River, at least not on below bridge…

(try yourself, set Developer Mode on, then choose Wire Frame in the Options menu… when the bridge is blocked with the old error we had, you’ll see a “spider web” of lines, under the bridge…)

1 Like

With crash of, would we bounce off or would there be a bang?

1 Like

Thank you for your wonderful advice.
I will test it on the next flight immediately.
As I wrote above, if a spider web is found in this, maybe for some reason …
For example, I feel that the value of TERRAIN VECTOR DATA may have dropped.

It bounces, is smashed, and gets caught.
You may be able to resume flight with the Y button, or you may need to regain your attitude in the air that was thrown out.
Either way, it’s a shameful sight of failure.
It may be due to a spider web. I’ll give it a try.
I saw Top Gun: Maverick this morning and was excited about his amazing attack, but maybe Spider-Man is pranking my attack.