I can’t believe the vibe at the moment…

Was it? MSFS 2024 being a complete standalone sequel is not incompatible with MSFS 2020 being retired. I will stop talking about this as I don’t want to causee division in the community, and I love what Microsoft/Asobo are doing with MSFS and have absolute faith in them.

1 Like

Sometimes I think that over-optimism can be just as bad as sheer pessimism.

4 Likes

Fair enough, I will speak no more on this.

2 Likes

That’s not what Seedy said nor is that said in that FAQ. The roadmap for 2020 goes through the end of 2023 and doesn’t include seasons or trains at this point as far as we know.

We need to recognize that there’s little known on 2024 right now and hold on confidently asserting what the plan is.

4 Likes

Hello @Kjaye767,

The FAQ has this to say about future updates and support for the current (2020) version of Microsoft Flight Simulator:

What kind of support can Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) players expect to see once Flight Simulator 2024 has been released?

We will continue to deliver our Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) Roadmap which has content ranging from Aircraft and Avionics Updates, Sim Updates, City and World Updates, and also the free Dune DLC. We will continue to support Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) post the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 launch.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

4 Likes

Nobody here has the facts to draw any type of conclusion as to what it going to become of MSFS 2020. For you to repeatedly state that MSFS 2024 is going to be a free upgrade that can simply be installed on top of MS 2020 is just spreading false information.

6 Likes

All I can say is MS tends to keep the prior version of first party games online and available on Game Pass.

So, traditionally, you would at least have Forza Horizon 5 and 4 still available. On Game Pass.

Servers have traditionally stayed up years after titles get removed from Game Pass.

3 Likes

It’s a fair point, I got a little over zealous, but I don’t want to antagonise community members and I certainly don’t want to annoy the MSFS team themselves.

3 Likes

100 % agree. With anonymity of social media (including discussion forums), it’s very easy for every one to feel like “the smartest one in the class”, especially if they don’t need to look directly to others eyes. It’s not so easy if you stay directly (physically) in front of your audience. A lot of people really want to emotionally express themselves somewhere, it doesn’t matter which audience it is, instead of deeply forethinking of what they really want to say. It’s simply easier and brings them an instant satisfaction of “I said it and you hear it!”.

Very interesting phenomenon. But in my opinion it’s better to make it balanced - in our specific case thinking about it calmly, objectively, like this: “Ha! They plan to release a new generation of sim. What does it mean for me and for the community? Will it be paid and if yes will irt be woth of? Pluses: it will be compatible with all my HW and SW addons; it will very likely be based on the same technology like MSFS 2020; the graphisc and physics look at least the same, maybe it will improve in the future; I like flight simming and will not stop liking it in next years / decades; it will bring a new aspect to the sim, that have potetntial to make it more “live” and attractive to more people => stronger and wider community and big motivation to continue for Asobo and MS. Negatives: It will cost me some additional money (no a big deal btw).” So result is (for me): Yes, It will be very likely worth of my additional money for couple of next years. I don’t blame anyone, it’s very natural for us.

Maybe some people simply can’t overcome the barrier of their “principal customer superiority” against big anonymous “bad” companies, that they simply purchased using their money. But I believe that this is very blind. This strict “I paid you so you shut up and take care” approach is very understandable and logical, but it is also very “one-sided / selfish” not leaving space for discussion and ability of thinking of things with some portion of grace (not speaking about calmness and relaxation of their minds). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hmm, I think this thread has now descended into the pool with the rest of the 2024 threads. I think “Tracking” might have to go off. Good luck, everyone, see you in the MSFS2020 skies for now!

2 Likes

I’m curious, why? What were your hopes/expectations for this thread?

O no, please not yet another website where I need to find and uncheck a zillion boxes to prevent spam :frowning:. But tx for the info.

I know everything will be compatible. But some devs will charge “upgrade” fees. So it’s better to not buy anything until then and see which ones will demand money for the same dlc and which ones will not.

1 Like

I bought msfs2025 so Im very satisfied, forget 2024 :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m already playing 28 you lot are so far behind lol

It’s so nice without that horizon line in the mist :rofl:

3 Likes

Or buy through the marketplace. We’ve already been told those purchases will carry over.

Yes i will only buy from marketplace and only the ones by MS/asobo. Everyting else i’ll be ignoring.

There’s no need for that. It’s pretty clear that anything bought from the marketplace will carry over.

1 Like

I’ll go a step further, until yesterday, all the addons I bought, I bought with the expectation they would ONLY work on 2020. I only recently learned they will likely carry over to the sequel.

The one I bought last night, I bought with the awareness 2024 is coming. But I still bought it for use with 2020.

2 Likes