I cannot load any different airport and plane - always the same airport and same aircraft - non ascii windows 10 account name

Hi @matukmatuk,
Make sure you file a bug report with zendesk. It will help all that have this problem.
Submit a request – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

It is actualy the 3rd time I reopen the ticket…

2 Likes

Moved to new Bugs & Issues per request as issue is still present.

1 Like

Hello, I have the same problem from the initial installation and after two updates.

Hello - I’ve got the exact same issue. Freeflight returns to the first flight setup.

Hi @CaptKennintong and @RefluentPig0,
See the post below marked as “Solution” for a permanent solution:

If the permanent solution does not work, here is the temporary one:

Make sure you file a zendesk on this:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

NOTE: The reason this happens is because of a non-ascii character in your Windows 10 user name - in particular C:\Users\USERNAME Even if you changed it, those characters don’t really change - it’s symbolic (it becomes an “alias”).

1 Like

Hi ! Cant find any folder under username\appdata\local\pckages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator. There is e and then g under the lot of MS stuff

I probably should have mentioned, the Solution above is for MS Store version.

However, for Steam, those files would be:
C:\USERS\USERNAME\APPDATA\ROAMING\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR\MISSIONS\CUSTOM

NOTE: This may depend on how you installed the Steam version

Thank You @Hester40MT - Found the files under the Steam roaming profile. Worked great when they were deleted :slight_smile:

1 Like

SOLVED!!!

It’s known that the problem appears when using non-english characters in windows user name because the sim can’t find the custom flight folder when you are setting up a new flight.

I’ve resolved the problem activating, in my Windows 10 (build 20H2), the “Beta version: Use UTF-8 for language compatibility” checkbox.

To do that, you have to go to “Control Panel” --> “Clock and Region” --> “Region” --> “Administrative” Tab --> “Change system regional configuration…” --> and check the “Beta version: Use UTF-8 for language compatibility” checkbox.

After that the problem doesn’t appear anymore and you can set up a new flight without any problem.

Sorry, I couldn’t check that in other Windows versions.

16 Likes

Thanks for this tricky solution! Finally works to change airport without any problems!

Ohh… I’m going try this solution! Happy new year mate. Thank you…

Thanks for the permanent solution. It works without any problem!

1 Like

Finally someone figured it out!!! This fix everything, from freeflight to missions!!!

Please @Beechc23 or @Hester40MT, this is the actual fix for the problem, mark it as Solution!

Congrats @CaptKennintong and thank you!!!

2 Likes

@Hester40MT it works!!! Finally fixed!! Thank you mate!

Great job!!! Fixed!!!

Unfortunately, I got this problem after activating Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language described here:

supporthttps: //forums.flightsimulator.com/t/citation-cj4-and-apparently-all-other-planes-not-following-flight-plan-loaded-from-world-map-planner/321408/17

After deactivating Unicode UTF-8, everything worked normally with the navigation! So I use the previously described solution:

To delete the 4files. User / name / AppData / Local / Packages / Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe / LocalState / MISSIONS / Custom / CustomFlight / CUSTOMFLIGHT.FLT & .FSSAVE & .PLN & .SPB

This what I was curious about. I had posted a DM to @ECTLG:

“Just curious if display of text works OK in Windows 10 and browsers (anything with text) is also OK after enabling that.” - which would also include text files that MSFS uses. Any text for that matter.

When I’m creating a new flight plan I’m unable to proceed with it and it opens the previous flight plan. For example if first set a flight from LELL to LEBL, this goes fine. But then if I set a new flight plan from LEIG to LERS it appears LELL to LEBL again. I’ve found an unelegant way to solve his by deleting the previous flight plan on AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight
But I’m not sure if there’s another way to do that straight forward or some configuration that I’m missing.

Any help will be deeply appreciate Ü.

Thanks a lot, I followed the steps and now is working properly!!!