I cannot load any different airport and plane - always the same airport and same aircraft - non ascii windows 10 account name

Install English (United States) language pack.
Update drivers and your system - also check optional updates.

Hi @EyedAnteater249,
Do what @TenPatrol mentioned. Make sure that the US English Language pack is installed for Apps & Websites in Windows 10 Settings under Time & Language.

Hi there, I’m super new, just about 8hrs of Cessna 152 flying done :slight_smile: I’ve had a strange issue crop up a couple of times now, and am not sure if I’m doing something wrong or it’s an issue…

Being new, and having completed the training, I am experimenting by taking off from airports around the world (as you do!) and flying to local sights, then to other airports locally to land.

On a couple of occasions now I’ve set up new flights (pick a location, set departure, add an arrival airport, fly) and when I fly I find it is trying to send me to the airport from the PREVIOUS flight, not the one I have added to THIS flight. So for example I flew on one flight locally to me (Brisbane to Archerfield). Then next flight I went to the UK, and flew from Lands End to Newquay. When the flight loaded up, it got very low frame rate, and I noticed the destination marker showing was 10s of thousands of km away - in Australia! I reset by asking local airport for landing instructions and it set to local, and performance improved.

A later flight, same happened - Milford Sound to Queenstown (great flight by the way) in NZ, and it started with the previous flight’s location as the destination.

I am absolutely sure I set Departure and Arrival - is there something else I need to do?

I’ve not seen this particular issue before. Unfortunately, right now I can’t try to recreate the conditions of your flight and see what results I get.
There has been an issue of always getting the same departure location, but that doesn’t sound like your issue.
I’ll continue to search for this issue and let you know if I find anything.
Hopefully someone else that’s running the current version of the sim will drop in and help work the issue.
Regards

It’s a bug:

——-

2 Likes

hello, i am experiencing the same issue but your fix doesn’t work for me. my windows os build is 19041.1110 . i would really apricate if anyone knows how to fix the problem.

Any news on this topic?
Reported to zendesk Mars. And they confirmed this is a bug.
A major bug for us with non English letter

OMG, Thanks. I got the premium deluxe at realise, experienced the blue bar of death, the can’t able to access other than training and science half a year this problem. This helped me so much I can finally enjoy this game. Someone should really give you an award

Checked today with Justflight Warrior.
GPS nav is now OK.
Last check was back in April - The Warrior is new to me (purchased a few days ago), and my first attempt failed due to wrong switch setting.

Whenever I choose an airport it’s a plane it’s hard to fly, I ALWAYS show up at the new york airport I need help

(Srry for my english in using translator)

You have to choose an airplane AND an airport to fly

Hi @renonxbr,
We were chatting on Discord. :slight_smile: I have moved your topic into the master one in #bugs-and-issues

See this post:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/i-cannot-load-any-different-airport-and-plane-always-the-same-airport-and-same-aircraft-non-ascii-windows-10-account-name/302113/92 about deleting saved flight files.

If you use the Beta UTF in Windows, you will have issues with other parts of MSFS and thus not suggested you use this feature.

I’ve found that this has happened on some other projects, that I could luckily look at since it was open source, like Octave, it was fixed with this patch, if this could be look into since it’s litterally a game-breaking bug for users with a non-ascii character in the username :pray:

Hi all! The developers need some help in trying to duplicate this issue. The topic just got updated to #need-your-help !

What would be helpful is (from those who are NOT using the “Beta version: Use UTF-8 for language compatibility” in Windows settings):

Assure you have the required US English Language pack installed for Apps & Websites:

1. Do you have the US English Language pack installed?
  2. What is your regional language on your PC?
  3. What letter or letters are in your Windows user account?
  4. Does loading saved flight plans work for you?
  5. Is your installation location default on the C: drive or another drive?

What we know from this entire thread is that deleting the default saved flight files allows you to select another airport and/or aircraft.

Any details you can provide will be of great help in assisting the developers to duplicate this issue.

1 Like
  1. Do you have US English Language pack installed?
    Yes

2. What is your regional language on your PC?
    Main language is Spanish (Paraguay), which when installed automatically installs the Spanish (Mexico) language pack
    Regional format is set to Paraguay
  3. What letter or letters are in your Windows user account?
    My user path is C:\Users\Matías so there’s a í in the path, my PC account was created with a microsoft account from what I can remember.
  4. Does loading saved flight plans work for you?
    No, even if the .pln file is located in a path with ascii characters only (tried with D:\)
2 Likes

Hi. For long time we know that a computer set with an account name that is using non English letters prevent msfs from delegating the last flight saved info causing the flight to start at the same airport.

Is there any intention from Microsoft to solve this issu? For users of non English language this is a major issue.

Thanks

Moshiko

I don’t think so honestly… bacause seems it is the problem or limitation: Windows 10.

Asobo will look into this. @Moshiko218, can you help by filling out steps 1-5 I posted above?
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/i-cannot-load-any-different-airport-and-plane-always-the-same-airport-and-same-aircraft-non-ascii-windows-10-account-name/302113/139

@ECTLG The same steps would be helpful.

Thank you!

2 Likes
  1. Do you have US English Language pack installed?
    Yes.
  2. Russian
  3. User account: Сергей, user directory: C:\Users\Сергей
  4. No
2 Likes