I cannot load any different airport and plane - always the same airport and same aircraft - non ascii windows 10 account name

This also solves bush trips not saving, always stuck at leg 1.

1 Like

Thank you very much my friend. I was ready to give up this game… You make my day!

Hi,

I carefully read all answers from this topic.
I tried all workaround as Microsoft still does not provide any patch regarding this problem.

I also have extended ASCII character in my Windows profile and does not want to explicitely create new user only for the game.
I confirm manually delete old custom flight files solves the problem, before launching the game.

I created the workaround automation, if any user does not want to do this operation manually.

A shortcut to launch FS2020 is supposed to exist on your desktop.
Create a new batch file, like launch_fs2020.bat and put this content inside:

DEL %APPDATA%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight\CustomFlight.FLT
DEL %APPDATA%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight\CUSTOMFLIGHT.PLN
DEL %APPDATA%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight\CustomFlight.SPB
“C:\Users\%username%\Desktop\Microsoft Flight Simulator.lnk”

Launch the .bat file to run a clean FS2020 instance.

Hope Microsoft will create the patch, which is easy to fix I think, for all user with potential extended ASCII characters in their names (French, Spanish, Norvegian, German, Russian, Japanese, etc. Lot of people potentially impacted).

1 Like

have you tried the windows UTF8 beta setting ?

Please describe in detail how to create this new batch file?
So a more detailed description!
And, thanks for your post!

@MichaMMA: I am with Windows 11 (same problem), but the feature exists (still in beta BTW). I did not tried it, as some people said that it solves the problem but bring another ones …

@TryingSquire06 : paste the content I posted, in a new text file (By using a notepad for example). Rename the file, with its extension, to, for example, “launch_fs2020.bat”. Save it where you want to (On desktop for example). Then execute it when you want to start FS. I do not prefer to post the file here, as .bat are sometimes considered as malicious files by web browsers.

Congratulations,
I use windows 11 and I had the same problem to make new flight plans. The solution presented here “change the configuration…” completely solved the problem.

1 Like

to be sure: I meant this hint:

( note: I posted in another topic a screenshot: Please solve the problem of low GPU occupancy - #19 by MichaMMA )

The good summary of both options related to the problem was mentioned here: I cannot load any different airport and plane - always the same airport and same aircraft - non ascii windows 10 account name - #60 by Hester40MT

Would be intressting which possible problems about the utf-8 beta you have seen ? So far I know it also solves for e.g. chinesse some other issues ( e.g. with fligh-plans itself ).

I did not test by myself. Just referring to the answer #88 from @OracularSheet83 in this topic. But I could try … Is it confirm that workaround works without side-effect nowadays ?

hmm… so far I know, does these setting force to use charset utf-8 ( means a lots more possible characters ). I recheck possible posts you mentioned and seen only that an possible existing flight-plan might get a problem. I assume thats the same “may be” thing what can happen what I had in mind about that setting - an ‘older’ application write then utf-codes instead ‘chars’. But this is nothing I expect for normal applications and I would assume that these setting should not cause issues.

MODERATOR EDIT:
Word instructions how to do it please ?

Slovní návod jak to udělat prosím ?

Yes, this solved as well here + Honeycomb Bravo lights started working the first time ever!

Here is the setup in W10+Finnish language just in case.

1 Like

I have been facing the same issue, tried all the fixes but nothing worked, anyone got any update on a permanent fix ?

Hi, firstly thanks for helping us out, but I created a batch file, launched it before starting the sim, it doesn’t seem to help, unfortunately. Also this seems like a serious issue, I just wanted to know, why might have this happened all of a sudden of one’s sim, like I load in at any airport, close the sim, then when I load in the next time it just keeps loading at the same previous airport?

Hello
I had the same issue! I installed the Game yesterday and when i started a new flight: always same airport / always same plane.
The issue was my Windows 11 username! It had an “ü” (Switzerland) in my Name so i changed the Windows account name. BUT the name of the user folder was still my old username so i changed the folder Name with this link:

pureinfotech[dot]com / change-user-folder-name-windows-11/ # change_profile_folder_name_windows11

now it works without problems! it was a little bit tricky. perhapts its easier to uninstall the game / create a new user and reinstall again! note: take a simple username :wink:

1 Like

3 years later and this is still not fixed.

Can’t use the “Use UTF-8…” option because it breaks other programs (and anyway, it’s a Beta!).

Really disappointing for such an expensive game.

Hi everyone,
I am truly sorry. I do know that this is offtopic. But I found no other way to write in this forum. I need Help.

As to stay in the Topic … or at least try to…

1. I cant open a new Topic.
  2. I searched to find a solution to my prob but didnt find the answer to my question.

Here is my Problem:
Weeks ago I Installed MSFS24. Everyrhing went great, I did allmost all lessons in Floghtschool with no major problems.
After I finished Flight School I made my first Testflight with a Cesna From EDHL to EDDH. No Problems at all. Everything good.

Now I want to try a new Plane on a new Rout.
So I made a new Flightplan from EDDH to HEGN (Hamburg to Hurghada)
I choose a Airbus.
But when I click on Start Flight I allways go back and suddenly sit in my Cesna in EDHL .

What am I doing wrong ?

I also tried de- and Reinstalling the Game
Same Result
I Play on the Steam PC Version.

Again Sorry… I know its probably the wrong topic. But I nevertheless would aprecciate some help.

Thanks

1 Like

@WapitiAkrobat88, I’ve moved your post to a more suitable topic. This problem is usually solved by the notice posted at the top of this particular topic, so see if that helps you.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, and sorry for the inconvienience

1 Like