I can't even start to create a manual scenery cache, any ideas?

When I go into the manual cache settings the maximum size is on 0 and everything is greyed out - I need to set a maximum size to create anything, but I can’t get into that setting.

I did change the folder of the rolling cache but then I reset it to defaults which put it back in my appdata and shrank it so it has definitely done something, but I still can’t get to the manual cache setting.

I’ve looked in the location where it created the rolling cache after I reset it and searched my %appdata% and the rolling cache is the only .CCC file there so there’s nothing I need to delete.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers

1 Like

I have the same problem. Since sim update 11, I’m unable to access manual cache option as everything is greyed out. So I can’t use my saved cache and can’t create any new.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issue. I am able to Set Rolling Cache, but not Manual Cache.
i could see my previous folder as location but the actual Cache file is not being created and cannot manually add. This became an issue for me after this SU11 update.
after the update, i had issues loading the Flight Plan (i couldn’t select airports to depart and arrive at. completely gone). i did a clean uninstall, which required me to delete the manual cache. Upon review all my settings i noticed i could manually configure the Manual Cache.
there is forum talk about how it was disabled to prevent CTD. but, others are saying it is configurable on their systems.
I am still troubleshooting. I will follow this post.

1 Like

Glad it’s not just me. Watching with interest !

Thanks

I was trying to create a manual cache last night. Same problem. Going into the manual cache settings everything is grayed out.

I would guess they want to save bandwidth for those still updating SU11. Incredible as it may sound not everyone uploads it five minutes after release.

Same Problem here, I guess we have to wait for a fix

Perhaps, one thing i noticed, on the upper right hand, where your profile is, From Right to Left, there is the “notification bell”, then your “friends”, there is a “Multiplayer” ? icon and then a radar Icon, mine is off. What is everyone elses?

The radar icon is off on mine.

G.

manual scenery cache stopped working for me i guess a year ago. So i don’t think it’s SU 11 related

This just in … They suggested turning each item in the online data on and off indivually then together to see if it reset anything. It didn’t, so this is now an official bug :slight_smile:

Support (Microsoft Flight Simulator)
Nov 15, 2022, 04:49 GMT+1

Hi Grolbu,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. This issue has been tracked in our internal bug tracker thanks to the information you provided.

While we are unable to predict when a specific bug will be fixed in-game, the Community team produces a “bugs & feedback snapshot” on a weekly basis to keep the community informed of the most voted issues.

2 Likes

Thank you for putting in the ticket and trying alternate solutions !!

To date, this bug has not been fixed. Unfortunately :roll_eyes:

Wait till SU12 or join the beta where it appears to have been fixed already. One thing I have discovered recently is that the manual cache only works in offline mode and cannot be mixed with online, which is quite logical when you consider the complications.

1 Like

Hallo,

Is it true that manual cache has stopped working for some time?

I could easily activate the rolling cache but not manual cache.

I can’t change the path for the manual cache because it’s grayed out like all the rest of the fields.
I have already tried all possible combinations unfortunately without success.

According to the video of JayDee, this was still possible earlier, about 2 years ago?

this one ?

Yes, this is the same problem. Thanks for hint.

Unfortunately, to date, this bug has not been fixed.

1 Like

Fixed in the beta although setting cache size etc. is still a bit fiddly … it basically means typing the size and then deleting the extra zero from the end.

As I said earlier your saved cache can only be used when in offline mode, it won’t be loaded otherwise.

1 Like

After searching for the answers to this problem I decided to experiment somewhat and I foxed the issue!!

The problem arises when the manualcahe.ccc file is deleted.

Fix:

Make sure the sim isn’t running.

Create a rolling cache.

Locate the file generated by that rolling cache (ROLLINGCACHE.CCC)

Copy it.

Paste it into:

C:\Users[your username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Once copied, rename the file to “MANUALCACHE.CCC”

Reboot- SORTED :smiley:

I tried that a while back and it worked … until I flew out of the cached area and got an instant CTD. Why not wait until SU12 or join the beta where it is now working again?