I can't take it anymore

The crashes to desktop are insane. I haven’t been able to finish a flight since the launch of SU5. The majority of the time the game crashes within the first 5 minutes of the flight. Most of the time when I am still on the ground. Occasionally, it even crashes in the menu. I’ve put 15 hours plus over the last few weeks trying to complete a landing challenge without a CTD; let alone Free Flight and troubleshooting time.

I have tried a vast myriad of things to fix the problem; Safe Mode, No community addons, fresh install, VR & No VR, disabled weather, no live traffic, etc. The list goes on and on. Not to mention the hardware changes with different drivers and hard drives. It’s just too much to handle. Spend $100+ on a game that you can’t even make it 10 minutes into without a crash and no explanation as to why it crashed. At least give us a crash report. Pretty please? The game has been out over a year now and at times it still feels it is in Beta.

Mind you, my computer is no slouch; RTX 3090, W-3175x, 1800w Power Supply. The CPU is only at 8% when running the game. The GPU hovering around 80%. What gives?

At this stage, I honestly feel a refund should be offered. It’s unplayable and a let down to the Flight Sim community. I know I am probably one of the few who are experiencing this, but even the fact it is happening at all this far along in the game’s life is impressive and should be taken more seriously by Asobo and Microsoft.

Does anyone have any way to producing a crash report via a third party? Or any other suggestions on how to stop CTDs?

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Official Discussion: September 17th, HOTFIX [1.19.9.0]