I deleted MSFS2020 from my computer. I’m done

I got the exact same setup, dedicated to MSFS only. same fps results but horribly lagging at these airports.
And I aligned my Nvidia settings with the in-game ones.

Personally I have never flown XP or P3d, I stopped simming with FSX a couple of years back when my expectations were really pretty low.

My disappointment really only stems from what we are told or were told by Microsobo when it launched. And the fact that in my opinion they never fully delivered on their promises (so far).

I continue to play the Sim regularly but with little excitement about the immersion I get from it but rather by focusing on aviation (which is hard given the lack of realism in the stock planes). So I might as well switch to xp if I ever played it or had spent money on it.

Bottomline: I would like to love the Sim but I’m afraid that could take a while for it to happen.

2 Likes

Look, I reinstalled windows (fresh install) and downloaded 150gb of msfs again, thinking something might have gone wrong on my end. I updated both motherboard and GPU Bios, reinstalled nvidia driver, and even overclocked my cpu to 4.8ghz. Same results. What people seem not to understand here is that basically the latest update halved my fps also other’s people. For example I recently did a test in Asobo KATL. where after the US update my fps were above 35 in FBW A320, now i barely hit 25 with the Mooney Bravo and 17-18 in A320. So, again…after the latest updates it became more of a slideshow for me as it’s very very choppy at these framerates. That’s the point. Also, I’m not a complete illiterate when it comes to hardware, I do understand some intel cpu’s can hit very high (like 5ghz on the main core) and they’re much better for gaming, but the difference cannot be that huge. I mean, I see people with similar hardware getting 70fps whereas others struggle like me.
Again, it was not like this before SU3 and 1.14.6 update. And I’m running at 1440p not 4k.

And please, do not forget, if we get this kind of performance with stock aircraft then we should forget about PMDG and FsLabs planes if they ever come to the sim? What frame rates will we get then?

1 Like

Something many of the 30 series card owners are mentioning is stuttering or choppiness while many of us without 30 series cards are saying yea our FPS are low but it’s a smooth low frame rate?

Unfortunately it isnt “all 30 series users” but enough that it seems there might be some possible issue?

Could it be something simple like installing Direct-X or running DX-Diag just once, most non-gamers would not?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Worst that can happen is it will tell you that you’re up to date and wasted 2 minutes.

There was a recent windows update which was followed quickly by a NVidia driver update. I believe they were working hand in hand from a post I read. The driver was tested with steam players in a private session, only trouble is 20 series card weren’t invited as so it appears. Because the windows update, + the NVidia update only benefited the 30 series VR MSFS players. I can’t make it any more specific, 30 series are in 20 series are out. As far as the older drivers are concerned, it was in my view ok before the SU3 but after that update, marked decrease in FPS with anything flying below 700 feet a wobbled stuttering mess. Have a nice day.

Broken??? Trees, FPS, Stuttering, VR worse, Items in the community folder no longer working and that’s just the graphical end of things.

(Don’t go there please, I have over 300gig of community folder items on another drive. When one breaks because of an update, you got to be kidding if I’m going to go through 300gig of all sorts of stuff just to see what got broke by an update. It shouldn’t get broken in the first place. This is why I want to opt out of mandatory updates. Once I find a stable build I don’t want to update anymore. There should be a test server that people can opt into to solve all these problems instead of giving us the problems and hope you can fix them through the voting process via forum complaints. That premise is working and essential. More is needed however, with less burden on the average user with regards to stability and over all performance. The user should not be subjected the to the burdens of a beta tester but rather subjected to a baseline of stability and performance in which each following patch must prove it’s equal too or better than the previous patch. Community folder standards must be unified or we face continuous breakage. With 10s of thousands of addons free or paid addons and growing, this is a must. I’m just fed up with the whole thing. There taking on too much in my view with 2 steps forward with 3 steps back with each update with them leaving us holding the bag and then asking what’s’ wrong. Well… that’s what’s wrong. Just my opinion.

My 2 cents
Cheers, Stay Safe,
PACO572

I always update directx after windows installation.

MY HARDWARE

Spec of my computer

MB : MSI MEG X570 ACE Gaming Motherboard AMD AM4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core 3.8 GHz Socket AM4 105W
MEM : CORSAIR Dominator Platinum RGB 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
PSU : EVGA 220-G2-0850-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 850 W
Cooler : CORSAIR Hydro Series, H100i RGB PLATINUM, 240mm, 2 X ML PRO 120mm RGB PWM Fans, RGB Lighting & Fan Control w/ Software,
GPU : MSI GeForce RTX 3090 DirectX 12 RTX 3090 GAMING X TRIO 24G
SSD : SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive
SSD : SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive
SSD : SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 2280 256GB
SSD : SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB PCIe Gen3. X4,
SSD : SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 1TB NVMe PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive
Case : Cooler Master MasterBox MB530P ATX Mid-Tower w/ 3 x Tempered Glass Panel, Front Side Mesh Intakes & 3 x 120mm
Monitor : LG 43UD79-B 42.5" 4K UHD LED IPS Monitor, 3840 x 2160, HDCP, USB
Monitor : 2x LG Electronics 24MP68VQ-P Black 23.8" 5ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight
HMD : HP Reverb VR headset G2

INTERNET: Bell FIBE 1Ghz

MY SYSTEM

• GPU driver I use the new one 465.89 with HAGS on.
  • I had disable the SMT on my motherboard (so I don’t use hyperthreading)
  • I tested my memory with memtest86
  • I have undervolting with PBO2 to be able to reach 4.8Ghz sometimes
  • My PC temps with MSFS at 4K is around 65 C.
  • My GPU temps with MSFS at 4K is around 65 C.
  • I don’t have CTD and system is well balance
  • I use CC cleaner often to kept my registry clean
  • I use process lasso

MSFS 2020 SETTING

I read a lot on the forum and I found a lot of people said they have XX amount of FPS, on a specific PC, but they forgot to specify a lot of information about their setting. Even me, I didn’t show everything I did to configure my PC for MSFS 2020.

To be able to compare X pc spec with another we need to be at the same location with the same A/C at the same time, weather and the same MSFS setting and MAYBE we can see some correlation between us.

It easy to forget a lot of detail when we post our spec and result. So MSFS should built a tool to be able to compare ours computer and now we will be able to really compare. I know XP11 got sort of testing benchmark (I try it) to compare our system with test 1 to 5. We had be able to see the improvement of the sim itself. Each time they did an update, I re-run the test 1 to 5 to see if I got a improvement or not, and how I can compare with others with the same PC spec.

I can say I have 60 FPS in 4K at ultra You can see it true but I’m in a C172 at CZST.

But if I try the 787 at EGLL Heathrow I got this

And JFK with the 787

But at JFK with the C172

So what I can say about my FPS, I have 60 FPS in ultra at 4K or more I have around 30 FPS in for 4K at Ultra ?. It all depend of your taste and setting…

720p low? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I stopped flying civilian sims about 10 years ago when they turned into airline procedure button press simulators where you basically paid hundreds of dollars for an aircraft that needed a 300 page manual just to tell you how to get off the ground. I have always personally found airliner stuff mind numbingly boring though I concede many people seem to love that stuff, it is just not my cup of tea.

@LBPN, one thing it doesn’t seem that you understand is that for whatever reason, you are special with regards to your problems because many, many other people are not experiencing the same thing. I’d go so far as to editorialize that you and the people in your situation are a tiny fraction of the user base, but that’s a conclusion just based on reading the number of people saying they have those problems vs. the numbers who either say they don’t, or simply don’t say anything because they’re happily simming away at home and not coming to forums to complain.

Now, the question is, what makes you special? Unfortunately I don’t have an answer to that, and there are probably as many right answers as there are people who are dealing with similar problems. It could be your hardware, your internet connection, something as esoteric as a RAM DIMM that didn’t get properly seated with heat transfer gel, overclocks, and dozens (or more likely hundreds) of other possibilities.

But unless you can narrow it down to you internet being the problem, I’d wager that if you got a brand new system, and tried again, your problems would go away meaning that something internal to your rig is the ultimate problem. Now, I’m not suggesting that you run out and buy a new system just to test my hypothesis, but if it’s something that’s financially trivial to you, and you can get the right to return it for a full refund no questions asked within a reasonable period of time if it doesn’t work out, it’s not an invalid strategy either.

I’m not even sure what my overriding point or message to you is, except possibly one thing- while you’re not alone with your issues, you are likely a part of a very small minority of users, so when you start throwing around terms like “we”, or “us”, it really isn’t. The rest of us read your post with a mixture of sympathy for what you’re going through, as well as a sense of wondering why it’s happening to you, but not them, or even most other people. Whatever the issue is, I do hope you manage to identify it and kill it.

For whatever it’s worth, there’s my $0.02…

2 Likes

So then its really annoying.

I go to the same location as you in heathrow with same resolution you use to give you the best possible comparison.

I hope you can solve this soon.

I feel your pain.
My problem is with a blip of cash that landed on my lap, I had to make a choice between Orbx for my P3D or gamble on MSFS. So I spun the wheel…and lost.
MS just laughed at me when I tried to get a refund.
If only there was a way to sell my MSFS or trade it for an Orbx pack.

Last night I just turned off my FPS counter and enjoyed the experience. Yes there were stutters here and there, but it really doesn’t help to obsess over the FPS. I am sure the were times it dropped below 30fps but with out having my eye on it all the time I really hardly noticed. I think many more people would enjoy this without constantly watching the FPS.

4 Likes

Dude, I was just voicing my concern on a thread opened buy a guy with a similar problem as mine. I didn’t spam this forum writing any other threads on this issue, I’m just writing here on this particular thread. I was never rude. I never said or thought that I’m “special” in any way. The way you’re saying it, I find it offending and rude.

It’s not that, the owners only of the 30 series have a problem with stuttering …
I have an i7 8700K, 1080Ti, 32RAM and basically had to stop using MSFS + VR (Rift S) too. The view in the cockpit is always a bit jerky and stutters. The scenery outside the window is OK.
But these slight jerks with every movement of the head become very, very tiring to be able to enjoy MSFS + VR.
I tried all possible tricks (unless I don’t know something), drivers, updates etc. - with no result.
In XP, I run a VR simulation via SteamVR and it’s an almost perfectly smooth experience - the pleasure of flying is much, much more than MSFS.
I think that nothing will change in this regard for Rift S users, because this is a problem on the Oculus side. And Oculus will now support only Q2, not the discontinued Rift S.
Maybe when I buy a G2 in the future, a better processor and 3090, and MSFS improves the current state of VR simulation (and controller support arrives) then I’ll be happy to go back to MSFS. For now I treat MSFS as a broken game :wink:

I have the quest 2, and a combination of the latest msfs patch and the latest oculus beta has fixed all the stuttering and glitching issues I had been seeing. One of the most annoying ones for me was the warping wing while on the ground. There was an oculus patch that seemed to break everything and the only thing that fixed it was manually going back to the previous beta patch. But they fixed that a few weeks ago with a new beta. I had my first great flight in over a month last night, seems to be very promising.

It’s possible 30 series card owners are just pushing their hardware too hard. They have more power than those with lesser cards, so perhaps are more likely to attempt to run at higher resolutions like 4k or 1440p.

doesn’t really matter, i’m a 3070 owner and I run at 4K.
but the same choppy frames are present at 1080p.
It’s anything but smooth unfortunately.

Yeah, I don’t see that in my 1080 at 1080p. Always smooth, even at busy airports with lower frame rates. Since the hotfix, the only “choppiness” I see is when looking around rapidly from after spawning in, and you can see this is VRAM usage, textures being loaded in as you cast your view about. I am also regularly getting to the limit of VRAM so textures are probably being swapped from RAM to VRAM.

I wonder if this is going to be an issue when DX12 comes along. Anyone remember the XP Vulkan beta VRAM issues?

I really hope they bring DX12 out asap, there are more posts about performance issues than anything else on the forum.
it should be prioritized imo

1 Like

asobo mentioned more than once that the implementation of DX12 will not be that much about performance, tho - full stop