I deleted MSFS2020 from my computer. I’m done

you’re absolutely right. sry, i over simplified things. it’s rather 1v1 versus all versus all cores.

Thanks kev. I will double check all that this evening. I promise I’m not a frame chaser but when I hop in the plane and look about and it’s horrible I know something is up so I enable the fps dispaly to confirm whats going on. More of a diagnostic tool for me than anything else.

Yes I mean motion reprojection. As I said I go back on forth with this on and off. As you said yourself you were never happy with the results…that’s where I was too but I’ve seen it work, I’ve experienced the smoothness when it works as intended, and its a high I’ve been chasing ever since haha.

You are always helpful! I’m eager to try your exact settings honestly and see how our experiences line up. They could be identical but we have different expectations. With that said I’ve played flight sim since 98 and always on horrible computers. Most of my gaming has been on the lowest graphics and fps. Flight sim has always stuttered throughout too so Im not expecting miracles.

I’ll crack this nut yet. Maybe I should give up on motion reprojection. It just seems too intensive for airliners on my computer.

I may also throw the new driver and hags on. Like I said I change too much at once and hate myself :shushing_face:

I’ll have a beer or two tonight. That usually helps smooth out the frame rate too :laughing::joy:

1 Like

From another Thread concerning “mainthread bottleneck” and DirectX 12.

1 Like

So this is the new foundation for our new sim? After all the comments (not here but on other forums over the past decade) about the shortcomings of FSX because it was built on legacy code and could never take advantage multi-core processors…this is how they purposely laid the groundwork for a new generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator?

In the immortal words of Harry Callahan… Marvelous

1 Like

I am surprised this thread reached (371)…now 372 due to my post…about someone deleting MSFS off their computer…did it go off on a tangent somewhere :man_facepalming: or have I missed something relevant.

Is there a vote to say Stay or Go…just confused
OP has made his choice and we should respect that

1 Like

Hmmm, lucky we can’t vote. This might hit the top of the bugs list and Asobo would then have to re-prioritise their efforts to make it easier for everyone to delete the software from their machine or maybe auto delete after too many CTD :smiley: . Bug fix voting… what a load of …

Those who dont learn from history are bound to repeat it. I think thats more fitting.

1 Like

Well what I am saying OP is not happy he has deleted MSFS from his PC thats his perogative, however there are 100s of threads about bugs…relevant bugs and specific bugs…my bug maybe not your bug and issues, it just goes on to be a witch hunt. Maybe I resolved my bugs to go to a relevent thread…:sweat_smile: now its 376

1 Like

Sorry, I was somewhat agreeing with you and taking a poke at the “voting system” whilst I was at it. However, I was also using the term “you” in a generic sense which you may have read as meaning … well… “you” :slight_smile: I edited my post to try and make it less ambiguous.

1 Like

Same here. No complaints with GTX1080 ti (Extreme 11Gb), i7 7700k 32Gb RAM, 1GB connection, +/- 35 FPS in VR on Rift CV1; and, far from seeing a need to upgrade yet for MSFS. All along, it strikes me the 20 and 30 series are behind the most complaints about performance.

No worries :+1:

1 Like

I’m not running the greatest PC here but it’s not that bad.It could be a bit choppy but most of the time.
Is my fps very high? Not really but what matters to me is smoothness.
My specs i7 10700k not OC
2060super not OC it’s my main bottleneck.
32gb 3200mhz
I tampered my expectations and had to live with lowering a few settings.I also think optimization is not there.They are times where my 2060super is barely 80-90% utilization.
As for VR I don’t even think my PC would cut it.

It would cut it. It’s pretty much identical to my system (I have a 2080) and I’m enjoying the heck out of VR.

I’m late to this party for sure.

I don’t get it. My systems is half of the system quoted in the original post.

I think people that aren’t used to FlightSim expect to be able to run 120+ fps all the time because everything else does. MSFS in 35 years has always been the one that will cripple even the most fierce computer. This version carries that tradition forward.

But most the time, as long as you don’t have a FPS tool of some sort showing you how its running, you won’t notice. I think too many people tie their enjoyment to little numbers in the corner of their screen.

But, my little i7 9th gen and rtx2070 runs it well enough to do convincing VR or 4k, even while running OBS to stream it all.

Flight simulator is a hobby, its not a ‘game’… I agree its not a ‘Sim’ either… It’s not accurate enough to earn that title. But if you’re just looking at hard numbers to get your jollies, yeah… I can see how a person could get frustrated.

As I look at it… Flight sim is just a gateway drug to learning how to build and tweak fearsome gaming computers. And yes, if that’s not what you were looking for, your departure is understood.

@MLTAVIATOR99 I have to agree with @SamuraiSax. I’m running a 10600K with a 2070S (granted, both are OCed), and I, too, get ■■■■ good VR performance in most locations. Give it a shot, I think you’ll like it! But if it turns out I’m wrong, I’m not reimbursing you for your VR gear. For that, I strongly recommend the HP Reverb G2.

1 Like

Not going to change. The people likely to climb the ladder and end up in charge are generally from marketing and sales not from the engineering division. Which is as you expect, people in marketing tend to have ambitions to be a CEO one day, for most engineers it is their idea of a private hell.

Not really the key bullet point from my presentation, Ron.

1 Like

@PablodNinja
:100: :100: :100:

My eyes are my fps counter, if they’re happy, I’m happy. I neither know nor care what my fps actually are. I occasionally run into performance issues, usually connected to extremely dense scenery.

But every time I have serious issues have 2 things in common:

• I neglected to reboot before starting the sim
  • I was doing a lot of multitasking while the sim was running along on autopilot during the CRZ phase.

If I don’t do those two things, 99% of the time I’m good to go. Even light multitasking (e.g. browsing the web with relatively benign pages to visit) typically works out OK, and I’m “only” running a 10600K with a 2070 Super.

EDIT: Oh, and I run exclusively in VR, unless screenshots or specific testing are the main goal of any particular flight.

2 Likes

Even your system is bigger than mine, the 2070 Super is a good bit stronger than the original 2070… I don’t know the differences between the 10600 you have and my 9700 well enough to comment on what that might bring.

I browse, I stream, its fine. The key is making sure you don’t have a bunch of stuff hogging attention in the background. Memory is almost certainly an important player with regard to multitask, I have 32GB and I run MSFS from a Samsung 970Evo SSD also. Probably a factor as far as loads and such, but not FPS…

1 Like

My frame rate rarely goes over about 30 in 4k on screens, but it is also rarely noticible, since this isn’t exactly Fortnite…

In VR I run reduced settings and it can keep up nicely at 90fps doing that. But I never expect VR to be as crisp as screens, thats not really the point of VR…

Anyhow, yeah, if you’re a FPS freak 30 is unacceptable… But… stop looking at FPS and you will realize that its probably just fine for FS.

1 Like