I have figured out how to make your LOGBOOK save your flights again!

THIS IS FOR XBOX ONLY.

Many have had issues where their flights were not being saved by the LOGBOOK (sometimes it would and sometimes it wouldn’t).

But, I will explain how I have worked around the issue (I did this before the latest patch update and it was working).

READ CAREFULLY

So, when you land at an airport you turn off the engine and the APU generator battery - the LOGBOOK feed will appear on screen - with that familar background music (you have choice to exit or continue to main menu - but the flight has been logged).

Exit to the main menu then go to your logbook (on your pilot profile)

Once you are on the logbook page you will see the recent flight you just had.

HOLD THE XBOX BUTTON ON YOUR CONTROLLER and select RESTART CONSOLE!

Once you do this of course your Series X/S will restart (I have a Series S).

Once the system has restarted, go back to MSFS and it will QUICK RESUME right where you were (on the logbook page) and the flight record will still be there saved!

I have tested this! After checking my logbook - following the quick resume feature - I would then quit MSFS fully and turn of my XBOX.

Next time I would play - I would still see the flight still on my logbook.

(This was before the MOST recent patch update I tried it and it was working)

But I still do it now (even after this current update) cos I still don’t trust this update fully (though at the moment it has been fine).

In closing, after you landing a flight and are on the main menu page go to your logbook profile and restart your console - and return via QUICK RESUME FEATURE and it will save your flight data!

I wish I knew this earlier!

Maybe since this NEW patch it will auto save - like it did during SIM 8 - but I don’t trust it at the moment to do that!

Hope this helps!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.