I have no water masks where others do

Yes, that’s what I see, but other users see amazing corral reefs and details there.

Maybe a graphic settings thing?

I have everything on high or ultra. Especially the texture settings are all on ultra. Unless I am completely missing something??

Hi @MethodicRain46 and welcome to the forum. Unfortunally only some part of the world have the masks. The MSFS Team is working to update the mask and add those in the sim.

If you want, you can see this thread on the mask. They have discuss and collect some locations in the world where those are been aplied. You have to scroll to the end, because the ones dosent working.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/state-of-water-masks/322710/9

Hope this help you, in case let me know…

Sincerely,
Filippo

2 Likes

Hi Filippo

Thanks for your reply.

I am fully aware that there are areas without masks. The issue is not missing masks, but areas where some people clearly have masks and others have not. There are no add-ons involved, we all use the same sim and compared the graphics settings.

Some have beautiful corral reefs and subsurface details, others don’t, in the exact same spot.

I am trying to figure out what causes this.

Hope this helps.

stefan

2 Likes

Ok, same. The masks are in updating. If you want to see masks I suggest you to fly at SKPV.

This thread contain the coordinates

Does this mean some people have a different MSFS version than others? Because my MBSC water looks completely different to that of others.

Like I said, this is not about missing watermasks. This is about areas where the water looks completely different from one user to the next. We have compared settings and systems and can’t figure out why some see watermasks in a specific area and others don’t.

That is the question. Not missing masks that no one sees.

I have been through the list of watermasks that have been implemented and almost none of them show up in my sim.

I think we need to see photographic evidence of the locations that do show this scenery. All we’ve seen so far is areas that don’t.

This is what MBSC looks like on other players PC

Just as a comparison. This is what I see

Try emptying your rolling cache.
That will remove any old cached scenery that may be being used.

If you go into the pause menu and click on your name/logo top right has it got a good connection to the servers?

Is this a recent picture, from the current patch? I’ll double check my settings, and try and re-create that shot.

Okay, so I cleared my rolling cache, and confirmed I have all online features enabled:

Running on the Ultra preset, but Bloom, and motion blur are disabled.

So I do have to ask the source of that image, and when it was taken? Who is this other player?

Thanks for all the replies guys. I really appreciate it.

Internet connection is good and I have deleted the cache (never even thought about that), but no change.

I have asked the guy and he said the screenshot was taken in September 2020.
Would they remove Watermasks that were already there?

I mean if that is what it is then I am actually relieved because that means there is nothing wrong with my Sim. :smile:

Also thanks for checking out the area yourself.

Very possibly time related.
A lot of posters mentioned a big change in graphics quality probably around November - December with one of the updates.
I tried to reproduce this as well, with the same results as you and Hobanagerik.

Sounds like probably isn’t there anymore wait for the update after next world update, as they are supposedly adding all the missing water masks around the world depending what is available to them at the time.

Went to SKPV as suggested in a previous post to check. I can see the water as described using both desktop and VR mode.
It’s indeed nicer than the usual greener sea.

Ok, I am will wait for the next update and see what that brings. Thanks for all your replies and suggestions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello,
With World Update 3, do you now see water masks? (If you have, don’t forget to delete your manual cache, as mentioned in the release notes!)

1 Like

Ok, after downloading and installing update 3 I went back to MBSC and now I do have water masks. It looks like Bora Bora also has some amazing water masks.

Thanks for all the replies everyone :slight_smile:

stefan

1 Like