I just cant install the game - Steam

Okey, for the past 3/4 days i’ve tried anything i could find or think of to try to get the game installed. I’ll now describe the chain of event:

1.Update comes out, i open the game through steam and start the update 6 download (that happens through the game launcher)

2.After a few hours of the download going, i come back to the PC to see that it only made it to ~30%. i decided to stay next to it, to see if there is any problems.

1. I notice that once the download reached around 35-40%, it would drop back down to 30%. at this point i stopped the download, closed the launcher and opened it again. this time the download was a few hundred megabytes, instead of the few gigabytes. “OK, it made SOME progress” i thought so i let it ran for another hour. and what do you know, it reached a certain point, and looped back around.

4.Did the same thing. stopped the download, closed the launcher and opened it again. This time the download size returned to as if i didn’t download anything. at this point i deleted the game, downloaded it again through steam, opened the launcher, and let it download the WHOLE game over night.

5.Wake up in the morning and NOPE, still didn’t finish. asked on the forums here what to do cause to looping thing still happens (Download never seems to finish - Loop - #3 by srbtl2011), and someone suggested to close the launcher WHEN the loop happens. unfortunately that didn’t help, and i still cant finish the download.

6.The only new information i have is that the launcher downloads all files from :fs-base-0.1.165 to fs-base-0.1.200, then it loops back to 0.1.165. No matter how many times I’ve opened and closed the launcher.

I’m at my wits end about this, and its so frustrating to me. how can they screw up the INSTALLATION PROCESS?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Download never seems to finish - Loop

A vote has been moved.

Hello @TheRedSpirit14 .

Sorry to hear about your issue.
The official troubleshooting guides and bug reporting system can be found at Zendesk.
Maybe you can also find a solution that way.
As you already have an ongoing topic about this issue, this topic was closed as it is a duplicate.