I know it isn't just me but I have noticed that the visual eye candy is slowly disappearing

I truly don’t believe no one here is really trying to say the devs are purposely dumbing down graphics.
As for making different graphical optimizations that may have had some temporary downgraded visuals in certain aspects for the time being yes…
As expected with a sim that hasn’t even been released half a year that is still currently going through core engine tug of wars with visual aesthetics vs fps performance and memory management.
I would expect such from a piece of software that will probably be going through numerous patches for the next 5-7 years easily.
Its part of the process…I feel the whole “dumbing down graphics to cater to Xbox and VR folks” rhetoric is completely silly."
Who’s actually believing that?

I respect your different opinion on this private or public forum and note your complaint that that you have nothing to complain about and are therefore bored. :wink:

1 Like

Not to be a contrarian, but you’d be wrong in that assumption. There are plenty of tinfoil hat wearers that are convinced this is being deliberately done so the XBox version doesn’t look worse than PC, while ignoring the fact that the XBox Series X is in many cases probably way faster and more powerful than their own PCs. lol

2 Likes

Exactly, folks just love to selfishly insert that in every thread.
At some point and time during adulthood one must realize its just not all about one’s self.
Other people will have issues that you may not have.
Maybe its best we let these people vent their issues even if we can’t relate or don’t feel the same way.
I realize as an adult…some of these threads just don’t apply to me…so how about I stay out of them if I can’t help bring a solution to light.
I mean you would think all adults would use some sort of similar selfless rationale right?

1 Like

Yes, but I can give you a different opinion to consider. If users remember a graphic downgrade but cannot prove it - we the other users can try to help obtain facts - providing we are treated friendly.

For example, some of the above posters suspect a graphic downgrade for Xbox purposes. Others have argued that the Xbox series X is comparable to an almost top-end PC. However, MS has sold over 45 million Xbox units of a lower model. I can be open-minded to a claimed interest on the part of MS to downgrade the graphics to make the sim playable for such users. We users just need to work together to protect out joint interest - without toxic behaviour.

2 Likes

How about tracking my progress with my round the world vfr ish tour?

There are lots of better things to talk about than complaining

Completely agree. Bogus conspiracy theory.

1 Like

Refer to the previous post. I appreciate you trying/wanting to help. I’ve asked very specifically what you can do to help. So if you want to be friendly and help, then I would appreciate you helping and not a lecture on etiquette. I asked for you to help recreate those instances so I can do the same from my end and we have two exact samples to compare from. Whilst it is easy for someone to yell and say something looks horrible, it is equally as easy and useless for someone to counter that by saying it looks great.

I will look forward to your helpful post with the screenshots. Thanks.

But should we let the baseless conspiracy theory go unchallenged? New visitors here might read the propaganda and believe it and be disheartened

3 Likes

Wading in with my 2 cents…

A couple of screenshots that I can match to ones I’ve kept from soon after launch… matched location, date, time and weather as near as I can:

Florence, Photogrammetry off, August 23rd

Today (November 17th)

La Pas, August 22nd

Today (November 17th)

Based on only my own observations:

Very little discernible difference. We do now have more bluish hazy horizon, better water scaling (see the river in Florence), Less reddening at sunrise & sunset (see mountains around La Paz). I also get slightly better FPS and much smoother display. Running full 4K most on high / ultra with 2080ti. (images scaled to HD)

My personal observations - despite some hiccups along the way. Graphics are being sustained or improved.

6 Likes

FYI: If it wasn’t clear, I am not the one claiming it was intentional. I am however claiming it isn’t at the same level as it was at launch. Considering how Asobo has made more changes unintentionally than intentionally, I bet most of you are correct in assuming they didn’t do it on purpose.

Evidence of any kind that suggests something is missing or that it does not exist is impossible to provide. It is made even more difficult by the fact that I cannot go back to the state my sim was or else I would.

1 Like

Dude!!! Thank you so much for posting this. So here is the deal, this is an awesome post as to my eyes the second scenario with the Citation is clearly better at launch. In the first scenario it isn’t as pronounced but I can still see a deterioration in the quality.

Note: I did a blind test with my family members (they make for a good test as the sim has taken all my time away from them :upside_down_face:) they unanimously picked the August version as better in the second scenario and we had a tie on the first one.

Agreed it is quite toxic to read such blatant accusations.
A new simmer may not be as level headed nor experienced to know not to believe what all veteran simmers are stating, but I also notice people weaponizing this conspiracy as a tool to bash the things that they hate here.

Xbox Console Gaming
Virtual Reality Simming
Some people just really hate Asobo/Microsoft and the new sim period.

1 Like

I guess a lot is in the perception. I can see no ‘physical’ difference between the two except the coloring. I admit, I liked the very warm orangy coloring early on, but as many commented - it wasn’t really natural and there was lots of requests for it to be toned down … which it has been.

Here are my pre/post patch 2 and patch 3 comparisons:

Since then they’ve improved the water and night reflections as well as AA etc.

I’ve not bothered to update for patch 4, 5 and 6 - no point really, In sim, it looks better than ever and so no need to waste my time doing all this again.

2 Likes

Really? Can you mark out on the pics where you think the differences are?

Don’t know why it was flagged, but I think you need to add the words “allegedly” and “in my opinion” and “with absolutely no evidence whatsoever” to the post if you want it to be accurate.

EDIT - and I would refer you to this post:

That’s fair. :handshake:

1 Like

Too much political correctness on this forum if you ask me.

Just say it as you see it.

On the subject itself, I live in Portsmouth UK which is one of the only two PhotoG areas available in the UK - the other being Southampton just up the road.

At 2000 feet it looks superb; I can literally use the drone to see the curtains in my apartment front window! However, at 3000 feet the whole area loses all definition and looks worse than the offline scenery.

Test it for yourself at various flight levels and you will see what I mean.

On day one of the sim, the same scenery was much, much better.

3 Likes

I thought it was pretty obvious I was joking about the other things to talk about bit… however I stand by the assertion that this forum is every bit as much a pulpit for users to complain about whatever aspect of the sim they feel like complaining about, as much as it’s a pulpit for them to celebrate every aspect of the sim they feel like celebrating.

2 Likes