…but I want to say that SU5+hotfix is the best the sim has been for me so far since launch.
So there, I’ve said it.
I fully expect the pitchforks to come my way, but you know what, I don’t care because my view is as valid as those who are opening thread after thread after thread telling Asobo how hopeless they are.
Just a few highlights, and there are many more, for me:
- The performance is now excellent - I can fly at 60+ FPS over London and New York now and it looks beautiful
- The visuals are excellent
- The sim is running better than ever
- Menus are smoother, faster and more respnsive than ever
- The update process has worked every time for me
- The world map is much better with the satellite imagery
- Discovery flights are good for a quick spin if you’ve only got 20 mins to fly
- Opening up to xbox will ensure the financial future of the sim
- The new weather pop up with better toggle buttons is better
- I can run that sim at full max sim rates for long periods now, without the sim locking up and blowing the available memory
- We now have the performance headroom to push the visual fidelity even further in the future
My personal view on a few of the requests being made on these forums:
- Please DON’T roll back to SU4 - that WOULD be a downgrade
- Please DON’T separate the xbox and PC versions any more than they need so that they can take advantage of common code and economies of scale - to do otherwise will split your resources, and create unecessary tensions when in reality both platforms can benefit together - and it would immediately polarise the 3rd party community
- Please DO open up the PC version to greater visual fidelity with added or extended sliders now that you’ve done a great job creating the performance headroom to do so
- Please DON’T divert from your vision and goals for the sim - which are truly noble and should be applauded by a previously niche sim community which is now benefiting from becoming mainstream
- Please DO keep improving the sim through the planned sim and world updates
So I want to say to Asobo a huge “thank you!”. You’ve really improved the sim this time with massive improvements across the board and launched on xbox at the same time. A huge achievement and one you should be proud of.
I’m not trying to antagonise anyone with this post. As I said, maybe I’m a lone voice, but I don’t care