I posted a Wiki for the Baron G58 Tutorial Gear, Flaps, Mags, ELT Input Output Programming

Hi everyone,
I’ve been building a G58 home cockpit and the intergration is between Mobiflight and an Arduino Mega 2560. I wrote a wiki which covers some wiring and the programming such as getting the gear lights to turn on when they are supposed, the flaps etc. The wiki can be
found here:

1 Like

Thank you for your well done explanation, I am shure that will help someone to start similiar builds.

I like the Baron really too but as I am in VR I dont feel to need an hardware cockpit anymore, its around me all the time. I hope ms/asobo will give some attention to the Baron as well as the rest of the premium aircraft soon. They are just about half finished.

I’m happy to help and I agree I wish the Baron G58 was 100% modeled.

As for VR. I get very sick in VR. I’m a reach out and touch real hardware for real kind of person. Currently I have a 65" oled just a few inches from the cockpit and once MSFS supports triple monitors I’ll place one in each side window. In VR trying to manipulate a G1000 is cumbersome. I’m using the Real Simgear G1000 suite and I ordered the Brunner MK-II rudder and yoke. For a throttle using the Virtual Fly tq6+, standby instruments are flight illusion and the wet compass is virtual fly. My full cockpit is about 90% there. I used jeep trailmax seats mounted on sliders and they work well. I then order led two butt kicker gamer 2s and they work great. I really like having a full real cockpit because the immersion feels great.

Thanks for the comments!