I sell my G2s for some Pro2s: I gain fov and lose fps, im desperate!

I have sold my hp g2 because of the small fov they have and I have bought the vive pro 2, since I had not used the fs2020 for three months.

Today I have installed w10 from scratch, I have updated drivers (nvidia, intel, steamvr, etc etc), I have installed fs2020 to its latest version (VI) and it will jerk me in virtual reality, it is not fluid, the values ​​within the fs2020 I have them in high and ultra and the ss scale of the world in 80%, so that they look just as good as the Hp G2 I have had to raise the ss of steamvr to 150% (4124x4124), if I lower it less than 150% they look worse than the g2.

I have in steamvr the advanced supersampling filtering turned on and the interface rendering quality in automatic high, It looks spectacular and the fov gain is very noticeable compared to my old hp g2, but my flight is not smooth, flying with the cessna in the same places as with g2, now with the vive pro 2 it is worse, I have a drop of constant frames.

It is rubbish to have while flying, steamvr on and the added console of Htc Vive Pro 2 another rubbish that is surely eating resources, but I think it is not possible to fly in vr with the vive pro 2 without having steamvr activated and the htc console lives ???

Please, some idea, guide or link on how I can earn some extra frames to have a flight experience again without constant frame drop ???.

My configuration is … I7 8700K OC a 5 ghz, 32 gb ram, ssd 1 tb, ASUS ROG STRIX 3090, HTC VIVE PRO 2, FS2020 PREMIUM VERSION STEAM

Thank you very much friends, any optimization ideas are welcome.

Greetings dear community

Moved to #virtual-reality-vr

Your CPU could use an upgrade. I have an i9-10900k, RTX 3090, 32gb ram with a Reverb G2. I am running MSFS from the Microsoft Store, using OpenXR. My FPS is better than acceptable usually, but I had to splurge to get there. No regrets. Good luck in your endeavor for performance.

1 Like

4124x4124 lol.

Try 12678x12678

You already have a cryistal cleqr view at 1500x1500 of your instrument why go at 3300x3300? :upside_down_face:

Don’t forget more fov = more pixel = more power

I don’t think people with 3090 can go 3300x3300 without reprojection which kill quality and you don’t have in htc vive pro 2.

I got 35 to 45 fps with 1700x1700 with 3070.

I think you should download less… adult films

1 Like

Bought G2 on Black Friday, Looks clear when it works… Looks awesome on Half Life Alyx and Aerofly2 both titles ran flawless no issues… MSFS had jiggles, and the menus in VR would freeze and hesitate, it actually starting bothering my eyes…

I have a weaker system with an I9 9th Generation processor and RTX 2080TI and 32 Gigs of ram…. Went back to my Steam Index googles, a bit less clarity, but runs so smooth…, I do notice a bit of screen door effect compared to G2, but has a wider POV, and fells less like a periscope,

Not sure why other VR titles did not have the jitters and lags on menus… it was like it was strangling my computer…

Did notice you can not play in a dark room, like to fly at night with lights off…. index has lighthouses so no issues…

Oh well back in the box for now….

1 Like

Indeed friend, I was going to upgrade to the Intel I9 12900k but with the launch of the I9 13900k being a few months away, I decided to wait a little longer and buy the 13 series.

Friend I raised the resolution in steamvr to 150% ss because that was when I began to notice the same quality that I have had so far in the g2.

with the g2 I was very happy for its great definition in the center of the lens. but its disgusting fov was killing me the experience, it was like looking through binoculars, also its positioning by insideout cameras was a disaster, I have three lighthouse 2.0 laser stations on the walls and it is a joy with the live pro 2 the tracking so millimeter and exactly what they do to me.

It is true what you say, having the pro2 plus fov, my rtx 3090 has to move more pixels and more power, but friend is that I can’t stand having less image definition with the pro 2 than with the g2, my eyes and my sight They have already gotten used to that good definition and now I have a problem until next year I can buy an I9 13900k.

Anyway a note, I had not touched the simulator for three months, now coinciding with the purchase of the pro2, I have resumed mfs2020 with update 7, which I had never tried and I read everyone complaining about the tremendous loss of performance that has supposed.

Ah, by the way, I forgot, although it sounds strange, no !!!, I do not watch adult movies in VR, I did not buy VR for that use, for that I am happily married a year ago with my wonderful wife, him The day I need a virtual reality viewer for sex, it means that it is time to change women.

Greetings friend

absolutely, personally after knowing with the g2 what it is to see the vr without the ■■■■ grid effect, now it is impossible for me to see the image with sde.

Before selling my old vive pro 1 oled with its wonderful blacks, I tried to use them in fs2020 and it was impossible for me to see that grid in the white skies and clouds of fs2020, what a horrible effect, when I went to the pro 2 I did not see again the sde and to win an incredible fov versus the hp g2, to go inside a cabin of an airplane or helicopter, the pro 2 lives with its fov and its laser tracking, they are without a doubt the best viewer, without actually having to Spending the outrageous price of € 2400 on a Varjo Aero, that price seems crazy to me not to carry oled panels.

I am also using a Vive Pro 2 with Valve Index controllers.

My setting are much different than the OP and find the cockpit very clear.

I have my Resolution Per Eye set to 100% which gives me 3332 x 3332.

I have my Per application for FS2020 set to 50% which gives me 2356 x 2356 that is given to FS2020.

My average FPS using fpsVR is 30.

I had a G2 before but needed a native SteamVR headset because I stream flight sims in VR and need the tools provided by SteamVR. I am looking at a Arpara to replace my VP2 but time will tell.

2 Likes

jep, 4124x4124pix is totaly overkill with FS for present hardware

1 Like

friend thanks for your explanations, I have two questions for you,

What do you mean when you say that your setting is very different from the OP ???

You tell me that you have selected 100% resolution in one software and 50% in other software, what software you mean in each case ???.

Thank you

Greetings

It may be a friend that that 150% of ss that I have selected in steamvr is too much, but I swear that it is at that resolution the only moment in which I have been able to say, ok, ok, now I see it with the same sharpness and quality Graphic that I had before with the Hp G2.

When I lower that 150% in steamvr the fs2020 vr no longer looks so spectacular compared to the Hp g2, it is likely that my eyes have become very demanding when getting used to the incredible definition of the g2 in its central zone, maybe that’s it.

Greetings

The percentages don’t mater that much but the resolution that you are giving MSFS does.

As I posted I am giving MSFS a resolution of 2356 x 2356 which is just under native res for the VP2.

I am using fpsVR to keep track of my frame times and FPS. What is your FPS running the res you think you need to?

I have a i9 11900K with a RTX 3090.

I guess one thing to bare in mind is that the G2, Windows mixed reality and FS2020 are all very much made for each other. Its a superbly optimised set up with the G2. I think that counts for a awful lot of performance gain you’ll maybe struggle to match with any other headset.

Indeed it is. I have both Vive Pro 2 and Reverb G2. For strictly MSFS 2020 I prefer my Reverb G2 using Open XR along with Open XR Developer Tools for WMR. Great image clarity and decent performance with some pretty high settings. Love it.

I use my Vive Pro 2 for a couple of other combat flight sims.

1 Like

Yes, the G2 is incredibly sharp in the middle. But unfortunately the area is really small.

Only the Aero will be able to deliver a similar / better sharpness with the same rendering resolution in the near future. HTC has been losing since they stopped working with Valve.
Personally, i looking forward, to the new pimax, hopefuly end next year.

3000x300 max your pushing your pc to hard, regardless of how you set resolution

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.