I start to experience CTD after the latest update

This happens to almost all planes, I have no problem approaching and landing before the latest update, but after that, most of the time when the plane is about 5 nm away from any airport and in appr mode, it CTD.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.10.8.0, time stamp: 0x5f9c145a
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.10.8.0, time stamp: 0x5f9c145a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000c60e6c
Faulting process id: 0x43f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6b6cd8e169f14
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 616e6927-d535-4928-8d1c-1893dd64426e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any modifications installed? FBW, liveries, airports etc?

no I don’t have anything third party stuff installed, Community folder is empty.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/crash-to-desktop-without-error-message/

I’ve been crashing on approaches. 3 hour flight just fine…10 miles out on final approach crash to desktop. One happened from Anchorage to Seattle the other happened from Seattle to Chicago.

1 Like

When you’re coming in to a landing there’s a LOT of stuff that needs to be loaded in and processed, especially in photogrammetry areas. Flying a fast plane (like a tubeliner) increases this effect.
Remove any overclocks on your system and maybe reduce graphics settings a bit, and see if that helps.

It’s easy maintaining high FPS and stability when you’re at FL300+, it’s the loading of all the assets / planes / photogrammetry on the landing that taxes your system to the max.

I think I figured out why, look at the error message:
Exception code: 0xc0000005 which is an Access Violation, so probably the dedicated graphic card (NVIDIA T2000 4GB) has problem accessing the memory, so I tried to the NVIDIA Control Panel and select auto-select in global setting and appoint Integrated graphics (UHD Graphics 630) as default. Now I have tested 2 hours this afternoon, I can even fly with the Ultra graphic setting without CTD.

That may be so, however this never happened prior to 1.10.7.0, so ASOBO did something in versions 1.10.7.0 and 1.10.8.0 that should be reconsidered.

That is a code issue, it is a bug (that was not handled in Asobo’s code) you encountered. Nothing to do with GPU. Just poor coding.