I’ve tried the live weather workaround

So I’ve run into the same problem a lot of people have. My live weather isn’t working at all. I’ve tried the work around with choosing clear skies and then going back in game and choosing live weather, but it’s still not working at all. Is there any idea as to what I need to do to unscrew this issue. My internet is great and the traffic is working … but not the weather. Thanks in advance!!

This workaround works for me every time without fail. 2nd and subsequent flights have live weather if I start each flight with clear skies preset then switch to live weather.

I’m wondering if it is server related? Mine is on automatic but is usually north or west Europe servers.

I have noticed being to quick “may” cause issues.

1. After you press Live “and” Clear weather I press the top right button to exit the weather section completely so that I am back in the world view. Wait for the “round-circle-processing” image to complete in the bottom right, before pressing the Fly button.

2. In the sim the first thing I do is go into the Weather section. This release of software now has the “Live” button grayed out since I saw (time)(Live) in the World view; bottom-left. I select the “Live Weather” from the Weather drop down. This may be important: Wait exiting the weather window until the PFD altitude gauge starts moving to adjust itself to the current altitude. Usually about three seconds or so. I give the sim some time to reach out and get the data it needs across the Internet. “Then” I exit the weather window. Everything works for me then.

TBM 930. I am not flying with any AI “or” Multiplayer currently.

1 Like

Hi @SaffronLime8342,
I’ve moved your topic from Misc into the Weather category for Bugs & Issues.

1 Like

It worked for me the first time I tried it. But when the problem occurred a second time it doesn’t. What helped was restarting the game, choose clear sky, load the flight and then choose live weather.
Try to restart your game. Without the restart I also couldn’t get it to working.

2 Likes

Does it matter what traffic setting I have it on? I want to fly with all traffic… but I’d I do that it won’t let anything but the live weather to be chosen. Thanks!!

I’m not sure if AI or Multiplayer makes any difference to weather. But, during my current trip(s) that is how I have my sim set.

Side note: I am expecting my latest WWT will take me over 300 flight hours. I have about thirty more hours to fly until completion. Woohoo!

Wow! That’s a long trip! I’m gonna go screw around with it right now and see if I can get it to work.

1 Like

The same thing is happening to me. Today its foggy outside, airport metar has it IFR with low vis. When start with live weather all I get is a few clouds. I restart and this time with clear skies before the flight, then switch to live weather after loading, still only see a few clouds. I restart game and try again, still NO FOG???

1 Like

This could be a “server thing” depending upon where you live?

I live on the East Coast, U.S. and the live weather bug has not happened to me once yet.

The workaround only works if you do it before your FIRST flight, then every subsequent flight. If you do it after your first flight, it doesn’t work.

3 Likes

So I restarted the computer and restarted the software and it did work. So I’m hoping it gets fixed, but for now it seems to be working with the workaround.

1 Like

I’m on the same server and I don’t NEVER get accurate Live Weather unless I use the work around.

1 Like

I tried this workaround to no avail. Clear skies and 5kt winds on every subsequent load. The only true workaround is restarting the game.

2 Likes

Just to be sure…you are choosing clear skies on the flight conditions set up page as you prepare your flight, correct? Choosing clear skies once you are in the cockpit and then changing to live weather won’t work.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I did.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.