I want my Sim back please!

I understand the frustration and seemingly Asobo is working on it. But CTDs are not the topic here in this specific thread, so I’d suggest to focus on what the TO was complaining about.

1 Like

I can only trust that SU6 may improve things.
My 15 year old son likes FS on Xbox, but none of his friends purchased it. These kids want way way more action, flashy lights, guns and very fast shoot-em-up games, like GTA etc…Can’t see it catching on big for these youth. It’s kinda boring for them they say. So I’ll be patient because they may be back making their loyal PC based customers priority and happy once again lol!

3 Likes

It has worked out exactly the opposite so far.

2 Likes

No, topic is “Asobo”, I want My Sim Back”
Well, I too want my sim back!

3 Likes

why cant we get an option like we have with the flight model, we have modern and legacy, why not have the option to run the PC optimization or xbox optimization. i put my sticks down after i had zero trim control, smudgy graphics, and awful avionics.

2 Likes

ASOBO… this…

In another thread there was the idea of ​​a “slider of God” to separate the two so that both parties are satisfied, I found the expression great

1 Like

The average age of an Xbox player is 33 and in the annual household income bracket, the majority earn in the $50k-$75k range, so your analysis seems highly flawed.

PC based customers have no call, expectation or right to be a priority over console based customers and thankfully they won’t be as Microsoft are making extremely clear by their actions and rightly so.

It’s true that FS will only be enjoyed only by a segment of the Xbox population, but that population is a huge one to start with (moreso with Game Pass), so expect a significant addition to the current FS population. (I think Racing Sims - e.g. Forza, can pull in 20 million players).

You do have a fair expectation that SU6 addresses issues and concerns that some simmers have raised. :slightly_smiling_face:

Source of age data:

1 Like

That’s basically what we’ll get in two weeks - a setting about occlusion culling.
There doesn’t need to be an “XBox optimization” since XBox simply has presets consisting of the same settings that you have available on PC.

If you read the opening post, this thread is not about CTDs.

Xbox users will move on? Pffff, PMDG and Aerosoft are already testing their products on Xbox. So anyone would choose a $500 console (that runs perfectly) over a single $1,000+ computer - logically speaking. Unless they want Vatsim. But not everyone likes Vatsim either.

1 Like

ok…I hadn’t heard that, in fact I heard that these aircraft will not come to xbox. Lets see how it works out. I’ll take back what I said if that happens :slight_smile:

Is poor performance on a low-end PC a “bug”? I have what’s considered a mid-range PC (1080/8700K), and my performance pre-SU5 was absolutely acceptable. If I had a worse PC I wouldn’t expect it to be.

To lower the quality for everyone because some people have min spec PCs is not a solution to a “bug”, particularly not to one that never existed to begin with.

1 Like

If you check the according thread, you’ll see that it were not just low-end PC owners who complained about performance, it even included RTX3090 owners.
And it was not only reported as a bug&issue thread, but it got voted and discussed a lot, so I’d say this category was appropriate.

So I’d say it was a very broad issue and it indeed was fixed with SU5 (at the expense of visuals for users that used ultra preset already before, which I did too).
Now let them see what they can add back via options to get more flexibility for high end systems - hopefully without introducing the intermittent fps loss that many of us were suffering from, despite higher end systems that were underutilized.

EDIT: Here are some exemplary separate threads people opened with high end hardware. It’s easier to find them than reading the big performance thread:

2 Likes

I want Flight Sim back to. If you want to play games get an XBOX if you want to fly get a real computer. Update 5 was tragic disappointment.
I hop it can be fixed.:pray::airplane::small_airplane::flight_departure::flight_arrival:

1 Like

My ‘real computer’ is an Xbox. I’m assuming a ‘real computer’ for flying MSFS is any computer or Xbox that fulfils the documented minimum specs for MSFS.

My ‘cockpit’ cost me £200, so I’m not doing this casually. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you want to simulate a flight you can do that on BOTH Xbox and PC. If you want to fly then you’ll have to get out there in the real world and do it.

2 Likes

what mess would that be exactly?

I hope ofc you are right, but i guess after one year the majority of PC gamers is just sick of being beta testing this sim since beginning, yet paying a full price (like 120€ for the premium)

1 Like

I am very happy for you. If have invested $500 alone on flight controls not to mention $2000 on my pc. Not putting XBOX down but MS could have waited to put out a flight sim for Xbox users. It’s just my opinion. I had
The original MS flight sim from 30 years ago I love the challenge of flying.

Kind regards

Ned

2 Likes

Well let’s wait 2 weeks and see what will be resolved.
Then we will either call it a PC flight simulator or an Xbox game.
The track record of the developers lead me to question the outcome?

3 Likes