Icing, does it work?

Just a quick one, do the aircraft actually Ice up? Got it set to icing effects. But never had a problem with or without anti ice turned on, on the actually aircraft. Just seems strange, going through tat - 35 and nothing changes! This is a320/a319/A321 /747/a310.in fact everything I’ve tried! Xbox by the way… Hopefully I don’t hear that out fine with on xbox

Good question.

This was definitely working on an earlier SU but yes, I’ve not seen any icing build up on the aircraft either in recent times. Like you I’m not totally sure if it is still acurately modelled or even at all.

1 Like

Come fly through some clouds in Northern Ontario (Canada) now a days, it most certainly works :slight_smile:

If you’re on PC and run LittleNavMap it will actually give you a percentage of structural ice on the plane.

Great news.

Looks like I will be having a trip to Canada and with Littlenavmap to try it out :slightly_smiling_face:

I noticed that you mentioned flying in the clouds. Do clouds actually promote the icing effect in FS2020 in a cold environment? I wasn’t aware that we had this kind of thing in the sim yet. Maybe this is something I’ve missed too?

:+1:

1 Like

I will have a butchers. Thanks

1 Like

I did say XBOX by
the way :joy:

1 Like

You did, but the other poster is not on XBOX so was offering that up for them :wink:

1 Like

I get icing when flying through moisture areas (such as clouds / fog) in freezing temperatures in the CRJ (which I am currently flying).

Thank you for that. I now know that it is still working which is great :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well k I wish for just one is xbox users can be heard… Its not a cheap console or cheap game… For once! It don’t work fix it!

Really? Looks like I’ve learned something else.

Sorry. My fault :slightly_smiling_face:

I didn’t intend to derail your thread :slightly_smiling_face:

It has nothing to do with XBox.

at such a low temperature you’ll be free of any icing. Icing requires humidity in the air and at -35C there is no such humidity anymore. fly at +5 or +10 through clouds and look again.

Also airliners are rather not prone to icing, some more some less of course, but you’ll generally see more ice on slower and less slippery aircraft.

2 Likes

Yes it works to my observations,

I’ve been lucky with more different today situations because of also some humidity and without within my flights. Where humidity was presented, also ice acumulation was there on my wings and I need use my Surface de-ice system on Seneca. Also on start of flight with -3 degC and high humidity, also METAR reported that, my Seneca sitting at LZTT APN started to have ice acumulation on surfaces. This looks to me ok from my observations, also going higher to FL90 without clouds and after de-ice surfaces, all started to be +/- ok, with only little acumulation. Yes understand that this Topic is about Xbox and I’m PC user but I don’t expect difference here.

1 Like

I don’t know if you ever got a definitive answer from an Xbox user, but I definitely confirm icing on the windscreen and airframe.

This occurred today as I flew the Junkers Ju 52 through rain clouds for an extended period of time at 10000’.