Icon A5 Idle throttle power?

Not specific to XBox or PC.

The Icon A5 owner manual specifies the idle speed is 1700 ie

Idle Speed
1700 ± 75 RPM (A5 requirement)

And the MSFS model seems to follow this. However what is surprising is that at this idle speed, after landing you must stop your engine in order to go below 6 knots speed. Is that also true in the real Icon A5? It seems to create quite a lot of thrust at idle.

When taxiing on land, you can control your speed with brakes. When moving about after a water landing, it can be very hard to shed the extra speed you need to shed with such a high idle. The only tactic that works for me is circling, then cutting the engine (ignition off) then navigate at 6-10 knots with the engine off, until you slow to a nice stop.

Is this realistic?

I haven’t tried Icon A5 for a while, but gave it a go today and didn’t enjoy landing on water at all! Felt more like a high-speed motor boat.

I’m sure it never used to be this bad.

I just flew the ICON A5 for the first time using performance mod. I liked the aircraft performance until I landed in the water. The idle speed with the mod was 2000 RPM. I had to shut the engine off to stop the aircraft. Just saw this post, and see I am not the only one with this problem. Does any know if this is how the aircraft operates in the real world?

Hello all, it is now February 2024 and no solution ??? I have the same problem.