IF you are using a 1080p or a 1440p monitor, USE DLDSR with DLSS instead of native+TAA or Native+DLSS

Nothing changed. PMDG 737 screens still looks blurry.

show me your in sim options

That’s a nice livery on the Cessna :heart_eyes:

Screenshot 2022-09-22 210412

I can’t even find this option! lol

Global settings tab.

global settings

Hi EnsiFerrum666

Cessna 172 Racing Team! Free Livery from Flightsim.to

Hi Mata3108

I struggled to find it at first, but if you look at the settings, 1st photo above, the path is highlighted in Blue.

I’m not sure if I understand the two DSR factor options (1.75 or 2.25). Is 2.25 always the best choice or is this dependent of the actual resolution of you monitor?

I have a 3440x1440p monitor.

well, the higher the count, the better it is because it renders at a higher resolution. so the rendered image is better, and so is the downsampled one.

if they added a 4x, the best would be 4x if your card can handle it

2 Likes

Working great on my rig, many thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

Same here, excellent tip!!

It’s dependent on your monitor resolution, the capability of your GPU, and your preferences for quality vs. performance. There is no right answer. Try both and different combinations of DLSS settings to see what works best. I use 1440p and the 1.75 option runs smoother so is more preferable to me.

1 Like

Going to try this tomorrow what should I change my resolution to use 1440p currently and where do adjust this.

Sorry if silly question just very new to this

Thank you for this, @BaidDSB!

I have a 3090Ti and I’m flying on a 3840x1080 monitor.

I got into my NVIDIA Control panel, and the settings look like this:

At the moment, this is what my Graphics settings look like:

These are the resolutions available to me:

Going to 3840x2160 is… yucky. I guess the ratio is just way different.

Usually going to 5760x1620 results in a black screen (then I have to force quit MSFS) or a CTD.

I’m using the latest NVIDIA Game Ready driver (August?).

Did what was instructed.

Dsr to 2.25x DL, dsr smoothness to 50%

Setting Msfs resolution to 2160p, turning on dlss quality, amd fidelity to 200.

Results

Good
Yes cockpit screens are sharper and readable now.

Bad
Ghosting still present. Cant get reliable speed, altitude reading with ghosting present. Turning the altitude/speed nob still results illusion like effect. Also losing some fps than TAA preset by average.

I am still not able to tolerate screen ghosting on my landings and take offs so its back to TAA again.

Hi Ladka & Jahurz

I didn’t see the DL mentioned in the earlier posts.

I have a lower spec PC and DLSS seems to favour this so I am not sure if this will help, but I tried both of the 2.5 settings and the DL came out worse.

Seemed to be less smooth using DL

Microsoft Flight Sim Premium Deluxe, PC Store version.
Window 10 pro 64 DX 11
Thrustmaster Airbus SideStick & 4 Lever Quadrant
Ryzen 7 3700X
GIGABYTE RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB GAMING OC Pro
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (DDR4-3200)
Gigabyte 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe
Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE
MSI Optix MAG341CQ 3440 x 1440 ( Now set at 5160 x 2160 in DLSS mode for sim 2.25 x 50%)

1 Like

With my RTX 2070 Super, I79700k, DDR4 2133>3333 mhz 64 GB. 27 inch 1080, 1 TB NVMe Windows 11 all settings ULTRA, DLDSR at 2.25 smoothing 0%. has done wonders! looks like 2k-4k 50-90 fps in complex scenery … oh yea, this is on DX11 … am I just fortunate ?

I did just add on DLSS and little change - maybe a bit sharper/grainier …

its working with my 3090 and in the high resolution with the newest studio drivers

1 Like

I must be doing something wrong with this.
I usually run my 2070S at the native res of my screen which is 1440p. Tried with 2.25X or 1.78x DLSDR and changing the fullscreen res in game accordingly and put DLSS to quality.

Sure it looks a bit better but I get my FPS halved from 40fps to 20fps which is unusable for me.

Am I supposed to change the desktop resolution as well to match the new DLSDR factor?

Hey there!
First of all, I am new to this Forum. Just in case I am doing something wrong, tell me :slight_smile:

My PC Specs:
RTX 3060ti, Ryzen 5 5600X, 32GB CL16 3600Mhz, B550 Aorus Elite

The Problem:
As already mentioned, I am also having ghosting/blurry texts in glass-cockpits like Fenix, FBW and PMDG.
I tried the recommended settings:
DLSS Quality, AMDFX to 200 and NVidia Global Settings 2.25x DL + 50%. I am playing on WQHD, 2560x1440p. And still, as already said, I am having troubles with ghosting and blurry.
I have not tried DX12 yet. Any tips or advices? Thanks!