"ILS Approach" and "IFR Test" flight training bug

Thank you! I hope we can get it fixed soon. I want to have over 9,000 points on all training missions. :slight_smile: So far so good, even with a couple other minor bugs I was able to overcome haha. This one is just a bit too broken tho, no offense. Iā€™ll practice and play other things while we wait for a fix. I figure if I made it this far no sweat, then I probably donā€™t exactly need to step on it like a panzer on a twig right this instant. :stuck_out_tongue: Still hope we can get her fixed in the next 30 days tho maybe? Anywho, have a good one. :slight_smile:

Good day everyone!

Same issues on ILS landing, nothing is fixed.

I already had an issue like this on final vfr navigation (youā€™re no supposed to landā€¦)ā€¦ very annoying.

I tried to land with autopilot and without it and all results were same. ā€œWatch Out!ā€ No reward.

The IFR test is blocked for me at the task with reaching of 110 knots. Also nothing happens after reaching and maintaining this value

same issue here.
But i wonder is there anyone who can finish that?
this issue is not even in the known issue of asobe. thatā€™s insane

1 Like

Same here - activity is broken. Should be easy to reproduce.

Edit just saw the post stating the fix should be in SU8. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried finding a solution in Dev mode but no luck there yet.

Edit: please disregard the following:

I think itā€™s a bug related to landing gear. I use the logitech switch and multipanels, and it usually gives me the 3 greens even in a fixed gear craft like the Cessna 172. But in this tutorial, it doesnā€™t. When your wheels touch the ground, itā€™s as if the bottom of the fuselage touched the ground.

do you have this link, i didnā€™t see the post

Nevermind, I think I was wrong about the landing gear thing. If this started after SU7 though, and that fixed and changed some of the ILS stuff, then itā€™s gotta be related to that thoā€¦

Something I noticed in dev mode about data: At the moment the instructor says, ā€œWatch out!ā€ the position data says you are about 1.7m from ground still. Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s from the wheels position, the center of the airframe, or what though. Felt like she said watch out exactly when the gear start buttering the bread, tho.

Other things I tested:

1. Landing twice with a bit of crab each time (ailerons a little left and right respectively, with some opposite rudder.)

2. Touching down in the middle of the runway.

3. Landing with various combinations of crash and collision data comfigurations enabled/disabled (mesh, simple collisions on/off/on/off again, crashes enabled/redisabled etc.)

4. Pausing the simulation and switching aircrafts <=100 ft. from touchdown, then landing. Also, I tried reloading/resyncing the default Asobo G1000 Cessna 172.

5. Flying straight past the runway, gaining energy and pulling an Immelman once at a ā€œsafeā€ distance, coming back and landing on the opposite side of the runway. (Wind is low and the 172 can just barely pull an Immelman ā€œsafelyā€, tho of course for the love of god donā€™t treat aviation like Trevor Jacob IRL :woman_facepalming: :man_facepalming:)

None of this bore any real fruit, though it was fun trying. I hope this info at least helps people and the devs narrow down a few things that arenā€™t causing the issue. ^_^

From FSAcademy a few posts up:

@FSAcademyLTD nice job on the training missions BTW

2 Likes

Iā€™d hire you on to QA in a heartbeat :+1: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks! :heart: Iā€™m pretty new the last couple months, but Asobo studios has made a great game here with so much potential, and so have modders, even with the issues at hand. I encourage people, if they have time, to be more detailed and open about what theyā€™ve tested, try testing other things, and collaborate. We can get our bug fixes much faster, both from the developers directly and/or mods and workarounds in the communinity, but only if we stay hopeful and try to pitch in a bit. (I understand peopleā€™s frustration and know we donā€™t all have time to help of course, but Iā€™m just saying!) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!
It was a lot of work but great to see my own stuff officially within flight simulator as Iā€™ve played it since FS98!

2 Likes

Hi,

Great write up, I am impressee to see the detective work.
Asobo are already aware of these issues and their causes, so further scrutiny should not be needed, as they have indicated a fix will be included with SU8

3 Likes

Awesome, I thought SU8 came and went already a couple weeks ago, whoops!

Just to keep this topic in the list. Have it, waiting for the fix, hopefully really in SU8.

2 Likes

hello
same problem
how to proceed to use default G1000 if NXi was install after update , and how to check the number of version
thanks for your herlp

1 Like

I am a licensed pilot and have owned and flown every flight sim since FS1. This is absolutely a bug or error in the programming. Have flown the approach half a dozen times spot on the headings, altitudes, and tracks and the landing is as smooth as silk. Every time is ā€œwatch outā€ and fail for no reason. Needs to be fixed.

3 Likes

Same on XBox, waiting for so long to be fixed

2 Likes

Same 3 timesā€¦ Iā€™m sure my landing is good and good flare. Don"t know whats happensā€¦

3 Likes

Itā€™s a bug they look to be solving with Sim Update 8 (SU8, not to be confused with Sukhoi, the series of Soviet/Primarily Eastern Powers military planes haha.) This appears to be around the corner. My guess is itā€™s a bug with triggers or other fundamental game engine programming introduced in one of the earlier updates, as by now I think several of us looking for home-grown solutions with Dev mode wouldā€™ve found something if we could.

Asobo and Microsoft appear to be becoming more transparent and on-point lately, so cross your fingers and hope to fly. :slight_smile:

1 Like