ILS Approach Waypoint runaround

Yes, I’m very disappointed. Still love the sim but this bug in particular is becoming very annoying.

I started on a cross-USA trip in the Bonanza, and selected the eastern and westernmost airports in the contiguous US. In my second leg I had about a 2 hour segment leaving the east coast and crossing New York. I used live weather so it was night, scattered clouds, a stiff wind, and was flying IFR.

I simply forgot to select an approach, and realized it when ATC gave me my expected approach. If it worked correctly it wouldn’t be a problem, just plug it in and activate.

I was prepared to fly it manually, but in the process of fiddling with it, the game did a full CTD because of a related bug when you click around in the approach options. So a 2+ hour flight ended 20nm from the destination airport with the program just vanishing. Oh I also discovered when that happens, the flight does not get put in the logbook.

I don’t want to be toxic like many here, MSFS has such great potential, but I am very unhappy navigation is in such a state. To me this is much more important than updated scenery. I could care less about a better modeled Japan, make the planes primary systems work. When the flight part of Flight Sim works, then we can ohh and ahh over scenery.

If you read this and agree, I’ll reiterate my request to go get this voted higher in this thread linked below. It’s only got 68 votes right now. Also find and vote on any thread concerning Garmin bugs, as it’s probably a linked issue.

4 Likes