ILS at Deer Lake (CYDF)

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

YES

Brief description of the issue:

The ILS at Runway 25 at Deer Lake (CYDF) does not work

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly to CYDF and select ILS freq 108.3

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Multiple different aircraft tested but none are able to receive the ILS signal on 108.3 at Deer Lake (CYDF)

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Perhaps of little help for you, but just to let you know that the ILS on 108.3 at CYDF is working fine for me.

One further thought - are you sure you have switched to NAV and are not on GPS (which may be the default setting) ?

Hi folks,
I’m getting all sorts of screwy things. I’m in a clean sim (nothing in community manager, no add-on’s or outside programs) but it’s the latest beta for SU13 (1.34.16.0). I can set up an ILS 25 approach in the WM, even though there is no ILS facility shown at CYDF on the WM (verified navaid filter is ON). See screenshot 1 with a VOR showing to the east of CYDF.

Once I get close to the airport I’m only offered a Visual approach, even though I’m on an ILS approach flight plan.

And the only alternative approaches I’m offered are RNAV or Visual when I ask for an alternate to their offered visual approach. The LOC never did lock on to an ILS signal at any point in the approach all the way to the airport, and remained pointing off in another direction with no lock-on to LOC or GS on 108.3.

And finally, the VFR map does not show an ILS freq at that airport…

So no idea what’s happening, since there’s at least one person here getting an ILS signal…
As I said, this is beta 1.34.16.0 just two days before the scheduled release of SU13.
Regards

I only fly VOR/ILS no GPS (and only steam gauges) but this later description of the problem aligns with what I found, as I approached the airport I could swear I initially was able to receive a signal from the ILS but then it disappeared. Very strange…

1 Like