ILS pointing the wrong way

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting. no

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? no

Brief description of the issue: ILS seems to be pointing the wrong way no matter which end of the runway I start on

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: start at YSSY runway 34 L. Tun nav1 to 109.500 (the ILS for that runway) . Take off, circle to heading 160, fly a few miles, turn around and line up for landing on 34L. The ILS needle will point the wrong way and you won’t see the glide slope indicator. Then do the same thing but put in the frequency for the other end of the runway, thinking maybe I had the wrong frequency. Exact same thing, ILS pointing the wrong way!

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #? no

You tuned the frequency for the opposite direction (16R). The ILS frequency for 34L at YSSY is 110.10.

2 Likes

I used to get caught quite often when I trusted the frequency the sim automatically switched to on approach. Since I started inputting the correct frequency myself this hasn’t happened again.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is the same issue I’m having or not but…

Flying the TBM 930 into Portland international (KPDX), programmed runway 28R and without fail every time, when I get close to the airport and switch from GPS to Nav1 to pick up the localizer, autopilot spins my plane around and heads away from the airport. The green arrow is pointing the wrong direction as well. This happens whether I pre program the flight plan or do it after loading in. Flight sim has the correct localizer freq of 111.3 displayed but still does it.

I’ve used ILS to fly into multiple other runways at KPDX and don’t have this issue.

2 Likes

I have this exact same issue. Reproduced today 3 times in the Aerosoft CRJ and TBM 930

The axis of the ILS localizer from SBRF - Recife, is shifted to the right.
#pc

I have this same problem yesterday in TBM 930.

Hi,

I explained the reasons and solution as to why localizer shifts can and will ocure here:

Localizer handling - should be based on true only.

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/5018/localizer-handling-should-be-based-on-true-only.html

In case of SBRF, the state source coordinate resolution (INS) which ends up in the ARINC 424 files is not good enough.
Asobo would need to find a way to always align non-offset Localizers to the RWY, either automated or by letting the users press a button in such cases like SBRF.