Im done with this sim on XBOX

Agreed. If the Xbox performance improvements from the latest beta build carry over to the release build, and they can fix the HDR issues, I suspect - or hope! - that this thread will take a much more positive direction.

6 Likes

This is what I really hope for. That this beta build, in terms of performance, will be the release build. I really, really do.

1 Like

Three of my last 4 flights. 787… ATC dropped out mid flight in both flights. CTD 80” feet off the ground on approach to land both flights. I think I’m done until the new update. Sucks. It was running fine for months and now it’s a mess.

I just bought an XBOX series X purely to play MSFS2020, well, my first thoughts are, the maps are very out of date and places I would have thought should have more detail are just flat satelite images. I bought a T-flight HOTAS but it take a lot of time to get the controls set up to work well. I am one week in and while it is generally good, after nearly two years since release I am surprised its not better.

1 Like

yes here too. The performance on the XB is great after the 2nd beta update.

2 Likes

im pretty happy with the Xbox Series X …waiting on SU10, but even without that I only get a few CTDs upon landing after a long flight or taxi… but the only reason I would buy a PC is to get the add ons like Navigraph on the Ipad for moving maps, and or a duel monitor and pop out the radios and things but I dont see shelling out all that money just for that.

I envision a day where the Xbox folks will get some of those cool things… I dont see a reason why an Xbox, if designed couldn’t have 2 monitors… If Xbox could of had that Connect thing, why cant it have something that plugs in that gives you an external moving map… It may not be today, next year, it might be the Xbox Series X 2025 edition lol…

Optimistically yours

VulcanCCIT :smiley:

3 Likes

Ya I’m happy too with my Xbox and the Xbox version of MSFS. Right now I’m in permanent “offline” mode till after SU10 is released Aug. 23rd. I won’t go back “online” until we see what’s gonna happen with SU10, and if “any” issues crop up and everything hits the fan like SU9 did. I’m flying fine right now and if its not broke I’m not breaking what I have because of an SU release. Not this time ! :wink:

2 Likes

Last night, I went into MSFS on my XBX for the first time in almost two months. I decided to increase my rolling cache from 8 to 16, restarted the sim, then took the C172 G1000 up, with live weather and traffic. Sunset was approaching, and the clouds were ablaze. I just kept climbing to try to get above them.

Ten minutes into the flight - CTD. Sigh!

Oh yeah, now I remember why I kind of lost interest in MSFS - the sick feeling of dread that at any moment it could crash. Why bother?

I guess I’ll wait for SU10 and try again.

3 Likes

I am on the latest Beta build on Xbox X and believe me this build has fixed the performance back to pre SU9 levels ,the difference is massive,no stutters etc.The problem is the latest build is clearly bad for most pc users so I do not expect the huge gains for Xbox to last sadly.

4 Likes

The gain seems to be also on lots of people who use low to mid powered PC so I think they are targeting numbers here… I feel for those that spent big money on their PC and all the rest that goes with it and I hope for them that they are given the options to unleash all the power and have the SIM at its best. Console and xCloud are a huge cash cow and so are all those that are starting simming with less powered machines so I think they will strike a good balance to keep us happy.

3 Likes

:sob:

Looking at my S Series, I notice a lot of differences in photogrammetry, it seems to work better in the USA than in the rest of the world. My suggestion would be to do a graphical downgrade to make it all more fluid and equal to the rest of the world. I don’t know if this is a server thing or hardware limitation but I would accept a reduction in the realism rate at the expense of a more flexible and dynamic SIM. Sometimes less is more. Not to mention CTDs and black screens, all very annoying. But I wanted to take that risk, a high-end PC here where I live (Brazil) is absurdly expensive.

Platform: Xbox Series X

The latest beta runs very smoothly and so far without judder, but many objects pop up only in close proximity and besides, the buildings are loaded too late, so that they have a very strange shape and are only loaded slowly bit by bit.
I have a 1GB line and am connected directly to the internet via LAN. I did not notice this with the first beta of SU10.
I hope that this was simply due to the server being overloaded.

Has anyone been able to observe this as well?

1 Like

Here too, Amsterdam was melting yesterday.

It’s a very thin line between performance and graphics fidelity. I love the way the Sim is performing right now, so I personally would always choose performance over graphics fidelity. But I must say, I’m really an airlines fan so I spend most of my time flying at high altitudes so I not really noticed any pop in or whatsoever. At airports its looking good as far as I can tell.

I thinks those issues must be down to server… I have flown Portugal yesterday and I have never seen so much detail in buildings ( LPPT ) and didn’t experience the late pop ins or weird shapes. It’s never looked so good on my Xbox S.

1 Like

Also running very smooth now on my Xbox Series X, regarding the popins of graphics those are most likely server issues, always make sure you are on the fastest server available for you. Having Multiplayer turned off also helps a lot since it then doesnt have to load in every other user playing.

2 Likes

Ive noticed this as well since the last update few days ago.

Seems like buildings and other objects render late and you see them popping up while flying. Before it wasn’t that obvious.

2 Likes

Well its the only game out of 440 Xbox games that crashes the console.

1 Like

Nah, i’ve managed to crash GTA5 a couple of times :slight_smile:

1 Like