Impossible to fly VoloCity in VR

Everytime I switch from 2D to VR, the Sim put me approx. 1m behind the cockpit which is outside of VoloCity. How to get on the seat?

The same also happens when I start the flight in VR. When in 2D, I properly sit in the cockpit.

Pressing the SPACE doesn’t help either.

middle mouse click fixed this for me.

1 Like

Same here hmmm

I got the same problem. Anybody knows what’s going on or if there is a solution?

Hold ALT and then Up/Down arrows to align yourself closer/further away from the cockpit. I haven’t tested this myself with Volocity yet, but it works in other aircrafts.

Asobo needs to change their numbers in the cameras.cfg file for the volocopter.

I took a look at the file and saw what they did.

[CAMERADEFINITION.19] controls where you sit in VR. This is wrong.

It is currently set to InitialXyz = -0.020473, 0.006933, 1.641124

It should be identical to the [CAMERADEFINITION.0], which is used for 2D pilot seat.

So it should look like this InitialXyz = -0.407809, 0.261274, 2.976547

Asobo, we need you to fix that please…

For the end user, if you want to fix it now, you can swap out the numbers as I show above and save the file. I suggest making a backup copy first. The cameras.cfg file is in the following path, wherever you have your main MSFS folder.

…Official\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-volocity\SimObjects\Airplanes\Microsoft_Volocity

6 Likes

Same problem,
dislocation of cockpit-position in Voloccity using VR, 3m behind middle … waiting for an update by Asobo

Is the seating position in VR always camera defintion 19? I have similar issues in some 3rd party planes.

Not always. It depends on how many camera definitions the aircraft has in its cameras.cfg. They are always numerically ordered. Typically the VR position is near the bottom of the list though, just above the one that says shadows center. If you do not have a VR position one in your cameras.cfg then it defaults to the first camera definition for 2D pilot. For the volocopter specifically, VR position is listed as 19 (technically the 20th entry, since the numbers start from 0 and not 1).

1 Like

Hold down alt key, then use up arrow key to move closer to cockpit. Use left arrow to move left.

Ya…worked for me too…good bypass until we get fix!

I reported it as a bug last week. Hopefully they’re working on the fix.

Thanks, I am having a problem with the IRIS Jabiru since SU7 so I will try and identify what is going wrong.

It would be nice if there was a way to adjust the default VR position in sim and then save it per plane in the cfg. Like a seat adjustment it remembers.

I did that but it was still too low. I haven’t bothered to lookup the keyboard shortcut for raise seat, I’m sure there is one.

Anyway, it was kind of a moot point since it seems the control for altitude control is on the stick and any controls on the stick (like elevator trim for some planes) is unusable when using VR controllers.

Same here, but using my left alt key with up key moved me into the proper position, right alt + up key had no effect, left alt did. Hope it works for you.

I made my arrow keys to go left/right and forward/aft, and my Page Up/Dn keys to seating position up/down. Easy. I love the Volocity. Flies great. Just wish it had a trim.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.