Improve Visibility For Multiplayer Aircraft So They Don't Disappear

Honestly I pretty much only use flight sim to fly in formation with friends. Until we get a fix for this, it’s just a scenery simulator for me

3 Likes

Approve, this see throught thing must be removed or mad as an option for multiplayer and draw distance increased.

2 Likes

Exactly, like for landing gear for other plane the lod change is too close, it’s a little bit weird while waiting at gates to see other plane land without gear, and seen it pop once it being closer.

2 Likes

Is there a way to disable other planes from ghosting out or disappearing when you fly in close proximity to them?

2 Likes

Anyone found a solution for this? I’m doing close flying with the MB-339 in VR and it really sucks to see the other plane disappear which then causes me to lose my orientation in relation to it

3 Likes

From day 0, I’ve the exact same question.

It’s a pity, since if you do close formation flying with a friend, other plane fades out as soon as quite close…this really seems nonsense.

I’ve of course tried to set damage/crash to OFF, AI Off, multiplayer set to Group Only…but no changings.

Any method to remove and forget this odd ridicolous feature?

They could maybe make that protective bubble a little smaller, as they seem to fade out before you actually touch.

3 Likes

Yes, but I keep believing that this protecting bubble is nonsense.
Why, at tleast in in VR, we can enter with the plane into an airport passenger bus, or into a car or a lorry…but as soon as approaching another plane, it fades out?!

Eventually it should be the opposite…

Asobo please listen!

1 Like

Select bigger planes, so the distance between the two aircraft before disappearing would “seem” closer than it would if you were to fly smaller aircraft.

…it seems that even with similar dimensions’ planes, distance for disappearing is anyway different with some of them…

I flew nose to tail on the A320 with a friend months ago. As long as the nose and tail don’t touch, neither of us will disappear.

…try the 172, 152, TBM and if you have the MB-339 and G-91… and you will see.

Then it looks like it has a huge hitbox. or a 3D space that’s mostly empty space than actual model being rendered.

1 Like

When flying in tight formation, its often an issue where the others in the formation will start to fade away when you get close to them, even when you are in a stable formation. There should be an option to turn this off and allow the models to clip for those tight formations to be possible.

1 Like

Support, my formation skills are too good for this sim.

2 Likes

This feature does have one benefit. On livestream, when someone is being annoying by parking their 747 right in the way of a shot, just move into them, and they disappear. From your own viewpoint, at least.

This is a version of what happens to me at work and could explain a lot. Whenever I want somebody to do something, they just disappear. Is there a fix for this as well?

2 Likes

Correct, I believe that it’s absurd having such a nice multiplayer possibility but with this plane “fade-out” effect as more you get close.

Also, I’ve noticed that on some planes the “fade-out” distance seems not directly linked to aicraft dimensions.

I really hope Asobo is listening and will remove this annoying behaviour ASAP, at least introducing a on/off setting in the menu.

Of course, like it is now, it simply kills any close formation flying possibility and it is a huge pity from this pov.

It’s not just the visual model, either.

Anyone that has either moved into, or been moved through, by an airliner, will know the model disappears, but so does the noise from the engines. It just winks out of existence, but occasionally you will be able to spot a brief flash of the pilot/co-pilot as you pass under them. :slight_smile:

Be careful what you wish for.
I reckon this could have a massive negative impact on game stability/frame rate. (Especially the cull visuals at distance.)

At best this should be a couple of options which can be toggled on or off by users.

Perhaps a double slider for distance at which player aircraft will in / fade out?

1 Like