Improve Visibility For Multiplayer Aircraft So They Don't Disappear

All good, they look dead so it is probably a good thing you create one specifically aimed at an option. The one include close range but mostly focused on long range ghosting.

Edit
It did take a bit to find it even with the flexible search feature.

The request is for the ghosting to be an OPTION instead of mandatory.

If you prefer it as it is then disable the option. But for those who find it beneficial, they can enable the option.

It seems to me that this would be a wonderful choice to have depending on the type of flying you are doing and how busy you expect it to be and whether you expect griefing to be a problem.

3 Likes

Ghosting is a MAJOR issue for those trying to fly in close formation (ie The Thunderflies).

Limits how close they can fly, before the planes in their formation, GHOSTS on them !!!

1 Like

You are repeating what has been said 3+ days ago… the conversation has moved on.

I too would like the option, however, I understand why it was removed by default considering how much griefing/trolling goes on in other games by Microsoft that lead to ghosting clients.

Well that’s very strange, when I replied many of the replies that I now see were not there. Apologies.

For your interest though, GROUPS would be perfect for formation flying (as you suggest) but they are limited to 6 (too few for a formation plus a camera ship) and are currently un-usable because aircraft randomly fade in and out on a very frequent basis. So maybe something for the future.

Interesting, no problem.

If setting how other Planes appear to GHOST to you, is made an option, then this would not be an issue …

1 Like

My point is just because you have a setting does not mean the user experience would be troll/griefer-free if you have Ghosting disabled.
Once there is an option to disable ghosting there will be many topics about how people are purposely ramming into other aircraft and blocking runways… the only way to avoid it will be to turn on Ghosting again - Microsoft knows this.

The safe way around it, which should be default anyway, is to have no ghosting in groups since those environments can be managed/controlled by the user.
^
For that reason this request (now merged) should clearly state the user wants a option to disable/enable ghosting, a way to filter All, Group Only, Friends Only, etc., and a visibility range slider.

I already said I am onboard with this one and voted on it so why does it need to be further debated.
It is my opinion on the topic… everyone has one.

1 Like

I agree with this thread. It would be very nice to have an option to disable this, I hope this wish gets some more traction.

2 Likes

Perhaps the contrail visibility should be increased as well; I mean what is the point of AI contrails if they cannot be seen from the ground? May as well say they do NOT exist at this juncture. Makes no sense at all!

2 Likes

if this is improved I guess there could be a new multiplayer airshow challenge mode or so

1 Like

I doubt an external petition is going to carry any more weight than a wish list topic.

This is a big deal for many teams in MSFS especially those coming over from FSX. There is a relatively large market struggling especially when we cannot modify bounding boxes on GTLF.

Planes dont fade on this video
Dron camera maybe?

2 Likes

Hey ! How is your fix testing going ? :slight_smile:
I’m sorry if I missed some message where you were talking about it, but I didn’t find anything…

Have my vote

Hello,

Now that the multiplayer mode is fixed, formation flights are a real good experience, thank you very much.

In order to make the multiplayer experience even better, could you please allow us to manage an aircraft disappearance threshold when they are very close ourselves, through general graphics settings for example, to allow that they do not disappear at all and they do not obstruct the view of the pilot in cockpit view mode, or do they disappear as is the case now for people who want to keep this behavior?

Thank you for all the efforts made to make the experience thrilling

2 Likes

…well, basing on my person experience, I still cannot say that multiplayer is fixed.

Too often both being in a group or just in a server, I see people I’m flying with “leaving the group” or myself having “you’ve left the group” msg with no apparent reason.

I’ve noticed this keeps happening also when all components of the group are with very good internet connection, very low server delays (30-35ms) as well very good data band available.

We also tried to use same fixed server (e.g. Western Europe or Northern Europe that in our case are normally the 2 more performant) intead of leaving the “Automatic” server selection : no good, same probs.

Some time all runs nicely, some other times nothing at all as described above.

About the ghosting/fading effect when we fly close: I’ve noticed that after recent update, SU6 I think, the distance’s been reduced and makes close flying formation much better, even if still not ideal.

I’ve also just noticed a very interesting mod on Flightsim.to (F/A-18 Close Formation Fading Fix » Microsoft Flight Simulator), Asobo F-18 related in the specific case, where it seems that modding the aicraft “LOD” XML variable, makes possible to reduce the fading/ghosting distance to a very minimum, and this looks very interesting indeed.

At this time, I don’t know if this concept/method could be valid and extended to all Asobo aicraft and/or 3rd party mod’s and it would be interesting to understand this.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

I think this should go hand in hand with Banner Draw Distance.
An option to:
a/ Resize the banners. (There is a mod available)
b/ Select a radius.
I’m currently on the ground seeing huge banners relating to aircraft at 37,000ft

3 Likes

Now that there is yachts being made and drivable for MSFS we need this other player fading out to GO AWAY and never come back!

I want my mates to land on the helipads on my Yacht and we are all visible.

1 Like