Improved AI System, Supported by AIG?

I vote, too! I agree…! I was last FSX 23 years by AIG, ago! I love AI Traffic (AIG, FAIB more)! I wait to long AI Traffic to MSFS 2020!

3 Likes

100% Agreed, We need AIG in FS2020

2 Likes

I think there are larger priorities right now. It’s also pretty poor taste to spam your thread around forums. Please don’t do that - it’s against our Code of Conduct. Thanks.

1 Like

I will not suggest this thread to other ai traffic threads anymore. Many other people like this idea, but I will no longer share this post. I didn’t realise I was spamming, apologies I thought I was just sharing it a bit.

A matter of personal opinion, 174 votes in one day suggest that many disagree with you. Empty airports are major weakness of the sim. There is solution on the horizon with AIG just some support is needed from the sim developers.

5 Likes

I’m sure it also helps that this thread was advertised on another website, and even many times on this website, encouraging users to vote. Thanks for your opinion, but mine is that this is a low tier issue at this time.

2 Likes

I never advertised this on another website, I shared it on 4 other threads on ai traffic, where the people there agreed with me. But yes, everyone’s opinion matters and some people may disagree. Breaking the rules, yes that’s bad but it seems lots of people like this. :+1:

6 Likes

Like in many other threads people encourage others to vote on various issues. You don’t have to vote for it if its low tier issue for you. We can agree to disagree on that.

4 Likes

Yes please!!! Make AI traffic great again. One of the major things why this sim is not complete!

2 Likes

I came from x-plane and even they had a working SDK for AI traffic. One of the reasons i still play is traffic global.

3 Likes

To me custom AI traffic is also a high priority - if they can finally quit creating higher priorities by breaking previously working features. In fact, it’s the only thing holding me back from jumping from GA to the A320neo.

My previous sim is FS9. I was hyped that I’d finally be able to fly with AIG traffic. 7 months after release, still nothing…

Instead, I get promised that in a month or so from now I can fly with Air France. And 3 months after that maybe Lufthansa too.

4 Likes

Isn’t advertising, I know that everybody that voted here know that AI Traffic should be an high priority as it is one of the first things that we see on a airport when we depart or arrival.

I’m sure that with Realist AIG traffic, we can feel much more immersive atmosphere in our Sim.

Don’t even think or say that this is a “low priority” as you all know that default AI are really unrealistic…

2 Likes

If I could down vote you I would. You essentially just took a dump (with liquid like consistency) on a group of loyal customers. How is it that a feature that was ADVERTISED (Live traffic) doesn’t work like it is supposed to. Finish the sdk and I’ll stop complaining. I am disgruntled and insulted by your statement.

8 Likes

And finally, we aren’t asking ASOBO to remake AI traffic, we are only asking you to give AIG all they need to do the hard part…

I’m sure AIG have all the knowledge and competencies to make it real… just help theirs team pointing in the right direction and providing what they need.

4 Likes

How is that a low priority? aI traffic is something that is and was essential at every existing sim. I don’t think you are meeting reality…
beside traffic should have been working properly since release date like promised and right now it is garbage.

4 Likes

Take a look at what was listed as IN PROGRESS Sep 20’.

6 Likes

The concern is that Asobo is going the wrong way with this. What they mean by AI traffic is that they will create models and licence liveries. The community already has models, liveries, schedules and can do additional when needed. When it’s freeware licensing is much less of an issue.

What Asobo should focus on is support the community in how the core functionalities of the sim work, AI models, their animations, effects, FDE, how ATC handles traffic, vectoring, separation on arrival, taxi instructions. All those things need to be improved.

For example since the inception of AI (I believe in FS9) ATC is unable to give runaway crossing clearances. So if you have constant flow of arriving or departing aircraft then aircraft on the ground that needs to cross the runaway is stuck forever. That’s just one exmple.

Another example - ATC is unable to use multiple runaways if they are not parallel. Again - since FS9.

There is so much that the developers could do.

13 Likes

Weather Asobo CAN do it or nor isn’t really the point (although their attempt at AI thus far are serverly lacking), its more a case of priorities and motivation.

The idea of live AI Traffic fed of ADS-B (or whatever) data is great however for whatever reason the implementation just isn’t there and there doesn’t seem to be much talk from Asobo about fixing it. Then there is the livery issue which they blamed on COVID and we’ve heard nothing about for months.

Open it up to 3rd party developers like AIG who possess the skills and products to make it successful rather than keeping the door shut and pretending you might fix it one day…

2 Likes

I would highly suggest to let Asobo make the models, and painters from the community do the painting. Also afcad ( if any ?) for airports to be modded by community and third party developers. I think this is the fastest way to get traffic, we could start slowly by adding models. Painters could then paint with hd paints, and if the community can adjust the AI aicraft behaviours it would make it more easy for Asobo.

Don’t get me wrong and please not to offend, but to bring “old” models in the sim, is not the best way. They don’t look as good as the Asobo A320 Neo and 787.

with every update that Asobo brings out, hoping for some models and the for sure paints will show up from the community.

1 Like

Please no. The existing models are new and are being converted to native glTF format for MSFS, they are not “old” models being imported into the sim, people need to stop thinking this.

The models used by FAIB, FSP, its are of very high quality and look just as good as the Asobo models and are actually optimised for AI use.

Getting painters to re-do thousands of hours of work by painting already-made liveries onto new models is absolutely NOT the fastest way to get traffic. Why wait for every update for Asobo to add new models and paints?? all the paints and models are already available now.

We just need Asobo to support us with a proper AI engine.

7 Likes