In-Depth Video Review of MSFS VR With Setup Tips and Link Back to This Forum

The OnMSFT reviewer used a Samsung Odyssey HMD+.

Hands-on video: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 in VR is a mind blowing experience » OnMSFT.com

Might as well add other reviews here:

Eurogamer interview with Neumann and what’s in store for 2021. I like the concluding quotes from Neumann. Bring on the trains!

If Neumann and his team nail the landing when it comes to the console launch later this year, there’s every chance 2021 will be an even bigger year for the simulator. “I’m sort of working on late 2021/2022 feature stuff right now,” says Neumann. "I mean, there’s no end. If you ever look at the community snapshot and the things people want us to do - they’re like, hey, we want trains, so we’re like, Okay!

“Ultimately, the goal is to be the most accurate sim it can possibly be. And there’s lots of options, and so many areas you can get into. We obviously have our own ideas or preferences, but we listen a lot to what the community wants. And I don’t think they will run out of ideas.”

Don’t get me wrong, trains are cool and actually sometimes useful in X-Plane 11 giving a sense of life of in the simulator and an important point of interest for VFR, but I just hope they would be listening more to some 3rd party developer needs before even considering trains. Or did I miss the message changing from “a simulator for simmers” to “a simulator for cows in the prairie” :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :crazy_face: :joy:

3 Likes

I should have put a ROFL smiley after my “Bring on the trains!” It was a joke - I want helicopters before anything else! :slightly_smiling_face: I think Neumann was humorously citing trains as an example of where listening to some users a bunch (more than others) can take you, too!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.