I have come across an interesting bug that I have been able to replicate. That wildly increases or decreases FPS
Now the first caveat: I do use the mugs UIMod and will test again with it removed however;
Problem: if you turn off any in game panel options like VFR, Navlog, 3rd party panel, as soon as you move the mouse away from the in game handle bar menu I get the following:
- 20% drop in GPUoad
- 5 - 10 FPS Drop.
If I hover the mouse over the in game handle bar menu
- CPU and GPU load increases
- I get 5 to 10 FPS increase in frames.
This dramatic increase in frames is sustainable as long as I have the menu highlighted.
Could I ask a few of you to test this and see if you can replicate the issue and/or if you have seen this mentioned somewhere else.
I will also remove all plugins like pushback helper navigraph LNV and mugs UIMod and confirm if the issue remains.
Things to note:
- only happens when in the cockpit. If you go external view Sim will be fine.
- only happens in VR as far as I can tell.
- Enter flight
- confirm VR FPS when hovering on and off in game menu handle bar
- now click the settings cog and turn off some in game menus
- move mouse away from menu and look for FPS drop
- hover mouse over menu and look for FPS increase.
- ensure you pick an area that is a little taxing on your system but not overly heavy area.
Appreciate your feedback and I will report back later today if removing all in game panel items and mugs UIMod removes the bug