In-Game Achievements Progress and Pilot Profile Got Reset After the Gaming Services Issue

Experienced the same today, profile reset, all pilot hours gone, all joystick settings gone.:cry: Logged in and out, nothing helps to restore :unamused:

Hey man,
Sorry to hear you’ve got this issue too.
Please visit this link and share your issue there and upvote the issue.

Wilco, but I did not do a reinstall. I was allready on 1.14.6.0 and happily flying

It’s been confirmed to be a data bug after the last update…we’ll just have to wait.

Okay, thanks for the update
I will give it another go tomorrow

Same happened to me after a re-install this weekend. Got the “can’t sync your data” message about 4 times when installing, and now my logbook and most achievements are gone in-game.

Go here and upvote please…

Mods…these topics should be merged?

Btw still not fixed its been 6 days

Data Error from which Side MSFS or XBOX APP ??

This thread is historic following a gaming services deployment that caused quite a few users to go through a “Set your Experience” initial set up. For some folks this caused a reset of their ingame progress and flight hours etc.

The other thread you referred to, Unable to sync your data with the cloud... (after a reinstall), has a similar consequence but it is far from clear yet that the root causes are the same.

For that reason the threads have not been merged.

This thread should be specifically for those who suffered from the earlier interruption in service (and subsequently lost their stats) and not really have posts concerning those who are experiencing this issue over the course of the last week or so.

Thanks for the info Tamalien…regarding the other thread, its being looked into as a possible gaming service issue…at this moment its up in the air.

1 Like

im having this issue also nothing logs to any achievement in steam or in the sim

@KatiesAura A warm welcome to the forums.

I recommend that you file a specific ticket with Zendesk to let them know about this issue that you are experiencing. You can do this by clicking on “Submit a Request” at the top right of the Zendesk site.

A number of similar problems seem to manifest themselves in this way. I did not encounter problems back in February or whenever the Gaming Services issue first arose. I lost my logbook and profile settings after a re-install this weekend. In contrast to most users in the other thread linked above, I have never had a problem launching the game after the re-install. I just lost my logbook and my achievements from my cloud save.

I filed a ticket with Zendesk and they sent me a FAQ on problems with launching the game and marked the ticket as solved, which it is not.

You could always open a new ticket, quoting the reference for the old ticket, and inform them that the issue is not solved.

I can confirm after the recent Gaming Services related Cloud-Save issue, the progress of these 4 achievements were LOST AGAIN.

So clearly it’s still not fixed and whenever this is a Gaming Services related issue that can caused the game to be reset, your achievements progress will likely to be reset again.

I filed a support ticket with the studio and was told there is nothing they can do to fix it… I am very disappointed as a long time fan of flight simulator.

1 thing is just to keep flying and get the hours back up to match

Just got booted offline and when I tried to reconnect it told me my packages needed updating and I had to go back to the sign in screen to update and get back online. After following the advice and having to log out of everything and back in again to actually get the SIM to start I notice I’ve lost 800 hours and my logbook. Thanks MSFS!

Yep! Same here - it took me a while to figure out, what’s going on. I was about to set my ISP’s building on fire - turned out THEY are innocent (this time anyways). The textures below got all blurry and FSX-ish… :frowning:

I lost all logbook and deleted all settings during the last patch
Nothing is done by Microsoft. I have 2 tikets open for a week no sign of life from Zendesk.