In-game ATC and FMS flight plan

My goal is to create a flight plan, see it in the CRJ FMS, and have in-game ATC use it.

If I create the plan in the world map, I don’t see it in the FMS. Is there a ‘load plan’ function on the FMS?

If I create the plan in the FMS from scratch, will in-game ATC use it too?

I just installed the Navigraph in-game panel. If I create the plan in that, can I load it into the FMS, and will ATC use it?

Clark

It’s a two step process. First you create your flight plan with your planner of choice; Navigraph, SimBrief, Little NavMap, etc. then import that into MSFS. Once you have it in MSFS, ATC will use it. Then you have to program that flight plan into the FMS. SimBrief can export a file that you can import into the FMS without having to program all of the waypoints manually.

Navigraph Charts also.

Navigraph charts can export in MSFS2020 format but not CRJ FMS format.

Thanks all

I gave the above a try and I was able to export pln files from both Simbrief and Navigraph for use in the World Map.

Unfortunately, Simbrief/Navigraph only exports lat/lon for SIDS/STARS and not the speed or altitude restrictions so in-game ATC will disagree about the flight. :frowning: Planning the flight in the World Map from scratch does include speed and altitude constraints so in-game ATC will understand and enforce them.

Kind of disappointed Navigraph/Simbrief is lagging in-game World Map in this regard. The plan restrictions are the fun part to flying the SID/STAR as long as ATC is using the same plan.

Clark