In-game download capped at 28.5 Mbits/sec

OK. Based on that and tying the VPN, we know it’s not your ISP.

I will send you private message to continue here.

I am amazed at the inefficiency of the servers from which MSFS is installed.
I have a 200/40 fiber line but the download of the installation reaches a maximum of 27-28 megs with long periods at the value shown in the image.

Result: Installing MSFS takes at least 2 days.
Mah

Aha! Same thing for me, the files that were throttled were the “fs-base-cgl” folders for some reason.

scaricamento
=>
decompressing

How often we mentioned now, that these NOT show you the download speed !

The files are downloaded in steps and decompressed. While decompressing, these so called download-rate in this dialog go slowly down because nothing is downloaded.

Thus,… open the Taskmanager while your dialog show you “downloading” and onyl this is your speed !

Or please correct these translation :wink:

EDIT:

I have an idea… can you show us, while these 0.5… depicted, an screenshot of your taskmanager ( cpu, memory ) ?
So far I remember me, the file-sizes are 4 or 5 Gig which are loaded into the memory and then decompressed and writen to the files system. Would like check your system load :slight_smile:

That isn’t the issue. The issue for me was it was downloading the files at 1Mbit/s. It wasn’t decompressing, it was downloading. Other files before that were much faster, depending on the size of the files, were peaking at 200Mbit/s.

I gave up trying to download the “far-base-cgl” files are about half an hour, installed NordVPN, and started the download process over, and was getting about 250Mbit/s constantly.

For some reason that particular set of archives is being throttled, and the VPN was the workaround for me.

You seem to be trying to attribute an issue that is widely reported by many users to an issue with the users system, and I can categorically state this is not the case. If it were my VPN software would,d have made no difference. What did was making my traffic pop out in Portugal, rather than the UK. For next weeks patch I will try it without the VPN, but if I get very slow downloads again I will ensure the VPN exit point is set to my country, which may tell me where the throttling is occurring.

but this means, you ISP is blocking somewhat ? Or why it should go faster if you use a VPN , in this case the MS servers are not faster :slight_smile:

But maybe… who knows :laughing:

1 Like

only for these screenshot :wink:

Yes, circumstantially it would look like my my ISP is throttling, but only for a very specific set of archives, which makes no difference. If it is not my ISP, then the files themselves could be hosted on a different server to the rest, which also makes no sense. But even if it did, then the VPN should have made no difference, but did.

Looking forward to next weeks patch, but for different reasons than other people. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

my idea is, that the files can lies on different servers and maybe some of them are on a ‘list’…

1 Like

Dear @MichaMMA thanks.
Now i’m happy with your explanation.
And also happy to wait two or three days in order to complete the whole installation.
It is a valuable feature not a defect: some free time for my life.
Bye

the point was your screenshot… it shows decompressing, or ? and we had lots of users with exact this screenshot. Therefore I ask whether you can show an taskmanager screenshot.

@MichaMMA ciapa

And you see the difference, that what I meant :slight_smile:

I assume the Taskmanager screenshot is directly behind a former decompressing. The memory usage is low and the application download with 25Mbit. ( which match to the OP speed limit )

The screenshot from app is while decompressing and these “counter” goes now slowly down.

But I see VNC_Viewer… let you install this remote ?..

@MichaMMA the sim pc is on third floor and I see it via vnc from second (via the same network)