In VR, HP G2, Shift+Z stats opens out of view

in VR, HP G2, Shift+Z stats opens out of view. Opens in view when not in VR.
Does anyone have a fix for this?

What is Shift+Z stats? Some nVidia overlay for FPS counter? If so - it will not work in VR. You will need either MSFS developer mode (obtrusive, for testing only) or the FPS counter in OpenXR Toolkit.

It’s a tried and proven best stat counter for VR the past few years I’ve been using it. After an update a couple of months back it only showed the stats info far away over to the left peripheral of my G2. There is a temporary work around which requires going out and back into VR. Certainly well worth still using it just wanted to know if anyone had a permanent fix in VR.

1 Like

Off topic but is your audio working in the G2 since the beta??

I’m not signed up for the beta version…the answer is yes for the release version.

You are not alon, have the same problem. i hope the update tomorrow ill solve it :wink:

I have had this same problem for a while now. It used to work perfectly in VR. I have long since given up.

I’m wondering where the correction has to come from…VR [msfs2020] or Shift+Z stats or G2?

I don’t see any update today…did you receive it?

The SU15 update was postponed until some of the outstanding issues are solved.

Always had and probably always will considering both are no longer actively developed.
The OpenXR toolkit has a FPS and other performance info overlay, and is much needed in VR anyway so I suggest you try that.

The add-on simply puts the text outside of the VR field of view. It never worked in VR and last update is from over 2 years ago, so it’s nice it works at all at this point considering it uses some hacks to put text on the screen.
The G2 will be dead after the next major Windows 11 release.

BTW, I suggest getting rid of the G2 with its horrible sweet spot, while it’s still worth anything, and get a Quest 3. Almost edge to edge clarity, similar image quality and wireless with zero hassle using Virtual Desktop. You can probably still sell the G2 for ~300$ and get a new Q3 128GB for ~500$. Did that myself a few weeks ago and it got me back into playing in VR.

Sorry for any confusion about Shift+Z stats…it still works perfectly well, it just requires an extra step to re-centre it in the display and then of course it can be dragged anywhere…for me still the best out there.

Ref the Quest 3, it sounds great, but is there any way to have the required Facebook account without having to put up with all the Facebook stuff - i.e. just an account, nothing else? I try to stay well away from social media…

And yes, I’ve always loved Shift+Z stats, please explain this ‘extra step’ of which you speak :grinning:

Same here. You don’t need a fecebook account. You create a Meta account which is totally seperate.

There is a temporary work around which requires going out and back into VR…that’s all.

Many thanks both. Although the going out and back into VR doesn’t seem to work for me. Thanks anyway.

All you need to do is once the sim is up and running click on the Shift+Z stats from the in-game tool bar and you should see it over to the extreme peripheral. Then using MSFS2020 shortcut exit VR…then re-activate VR, the Shift+Z stats should now appear centre of your HP/G2…if not using HP/G2 perhaps that may be a further obsticle.

Thanks again, I do appreciate it. I have my HP/G2 running very sweetly - it may be that I’ve tweaked it so much via OXR Toolkit, etc. that it’s not appearing in my field of view. No problem - I can do without it - and it does make it all a bit more realistic :grinning:
Thanks anyway.