(NDU registry change) Increase performance immediately! AMAZING!

NDU stands for Network Diagnostic Usage. It basically monitors the network data usage.

Why is it related to MSFS?
Because in MSFS Data settings, you can see that there’s a Data Consumption and Limitation feature. Somehow MSFS is using and connected to Windows’ NDU to monitor the data consumption. As you already know that MSFS is constantly downloading data from the cloud during flights.

Why disabling NDU may make MSFS smoother and more fluid?
Because most probably there’s a bug on Windows’ NDU (e.g. memory leak or process leak) which affects MSFS performance.

3 Likes

They have already technical discussion in the past 24-hr, check earlier conversations.

1 Like

Issue is not plane-related. I get it on every airliner, so that would not make sense.

I have rebooted system after disabling NDU…

Have you tried with totally empty community folder? I have seen same kind of figures in main thread which was caused by one mod (Finnish ecoregions in this case but there might be other mods too causing same kind of issues)

its already mentioned …

there was a conflict reported, starting ten years ago, where a specific network driver caused a possible conflict which results in a “none paged pool” mem-leak.

If users not see here strange high values, then I assume there is no need to try these

3 Likes

Of course I had. I had literally tried everything to fix it - there’s video of issue I took more than a quarter of a year ago: MSFS | Performance Degradation Over Time - YouTube

Okay sorry for asking, I probably missed just that video in thousands of replies here.

Sorry, as i can see there have been loads of replies today while ive been at work. Are we saying the toolbar pushback is the cause of the frame rate degredation?

2 Likes

Not for everyone but for some, so it should be removed before making any assumptions about the ndu edit.

1 Like

Amazing. Getting almost an extra 10 fps with this tip!

1 Like

Hm, already made a flight from EKCH to LOWI, it seems that it was slightly better, but stutters as well at LOWI (in EKCH no stutters at all).

So i gonna try the tweak described in this thread,

Greets,
Markus

if you try these ndu setting, please take a screenshot of taskmanager memory view “before and after”.

1 Like

You mean a Screenshot of my RAM Usage in the Task Manager?

Seeing as Microsoft makes both Windows and MSFS, I wonder if a mod could raise this to an appropriate Dev to get an actual answer on whether it is helpful and/or safe to do this?

2 Likes

So after around 45 mins of flying from BHX and now West of Paris, which is notoriously heavy around CDG, im still getting solid fps. At the weekend over the same area i was getting around 20-25. All ive done is remove the latest better pushback mod from the community folder…

1 Like

yes… the none-paged pool is important :slight_smile: … like here

Microsoft didn’t make the latest MSFS, they produced it. Asobo isn’t owned by MS… although everything about it from the Game Pass release to the update schedule works exactly like a first party game.

Thanks, will try that out and report back,

Greets,
Markus

Can confirm, landed back at BHX after 1.5hours of flight over france and back, the FPS is exactly the same as when i took of at EGBB in the same spot as when i landed with Better push back removed. I was using the FBW A32N mod. So for me it was the better push back mod thats caused all this issue. Hope this helps some of you.

But the graphic settings given in the solution at the start have also helped massively and made it real smooth to fly using track ir, so thanks again for that!

2 Likes