(NDU registry change) Increase performance immediately! AMAZING!

Hallo
Heb dit gedaan en nu ben ik mijn live weather icoon kwijt.
Weet niet.of dat er mee te maken heeft.

Frans Gehl

Hi there,

This fix sadly did not work. I have tried the following:

• NDU fix
  • Reinstalling the sim (twice)
  • Using vanilla game (no mods)
  • Reinstalling GPU drivers
  • Messing around in NVIDIA settings for hours
  • A ■■■■■■■ windows reinstall nothing works
    Is it really just broken in this update or something.

And it happened within a day too. Worked fine on a flight two days ago, launched it the day after and this issue occurs

My specs are RTX 3090, 5900X and 32GB 3200mhz RAM

Happens at around FL250, FL270 and all the way above.

What happens? You described what you tried, but not what you were trying to fix.

1 Like

GPU utilization drops at around FL250/FL270 and above, which decreases my fps from 70-60 to 30.

and this you would fix with these NDU stuff , which was a memory leak ? Thats may be the power of the word “AMAZING” in heading :wink:

We have better topics related to these kind of issues:
as example:

GPU utilisation drops likely because there is not much to draw at FL270. Your plane, and the sky pretty much. You are so high that the ground buildings have most likely been culled out of existence.

Yeah true but why would it drop fps so dramatically, moving in the cockpit is a real bother now. Besides it wasn’t happening before.

That may not be related to GPU utilisation, but you have inferred this because you saw low GPU utilisation.

What you could do is repeat the test. Relaunch the sim, check the GPU utilisation, and frame rate while on the ground, then slew straight up to FL270, or thereabouts, then compare those same readings.

I REALLY wanted to get this up yesterday, but the site was read-only for some reason. There’s a fix, gents and ladies, and there’s actual science and testing on it. The link to the video is below. If you follow Overkill on YT, you’ve already seen it over the last few days. I hesitated to post until I gave it 100 hours in the most stressful of places, performance-wise, on the globe. It’s legit. No more leaks. ZERO. It’s NVIDIA bloatware that’s hurting us. Surprise, surprise! Load up at JFK and be amazed…

3 Likes

To save those the time with questions, the process is a complete wipe of video drivers and anything NVIDIA. Then, you create a custom driver, less the extra bloat via NVIDIA(you’d be surprised the nonsense in the full driver), and you use that. BAM. Butter smooth sim.

1 Like

I did this and had numerous blue screens after the fact. I’ve reinstalled the full driver, minus GeForce experience after a ddu of the nvclean driver I created and so far no blue screens.

More flights needed before I can say with confidence that the ‘bloatfree’ driver was causing the bsod Tho. Just something to keep I mind Incase anyone tries this and gets bsods when loading flights or even mid flight sometimes.

For those with gaming laptops and rely on Optimus, even though it’s installed as part of the video instructions, Optimus no longer works for me with this setup.

I did try a flight with this setup and even though I’m usually CPU limited, I did measure 4 FPS improvement with noticeable smoothness. This is with same plane at KLAX with clear skies and 10am local.

Reinstalling the nvidia driver without GeForce restored properly working Optimus.

Very interesting. I’ve had nothing but positive results. I was skeptical at first because I’m far from a PC expert, but I just followed it step by step and it worked. I figured if it didn’t, I could always go back to what I had before.

Rest assured if my bsods continue I’ll probably give this skinny driver another shot (once I establish the root cause) because performance did SEEM better but that’s my anacdotal take.

Bsod after about an hour in the a320 FBW after a reinstall of the full driver.

Which version of the FBW are you using?
Is it current?

Experimental.

HOWEVER. I debugged my minidump file and did some googling and Microsoft said my specific error code was hardware failure, heat, bad overclock and NOT driver related.

Took my overclock out and so far, after a few flights. No BSOD yet.

I’m going to assume that was the cause. I will give the skinny driver another shot once I’m confident my BSOD’s are resolved.

MSFS can be quite fussy with overclocks.

2 Likes

I have the exact same results. In my case I slightly reduced my o/c and have now been rock solid for a month. CTDs are pesky little buggers. Glad you found a solution.

Good to know. I thought about reducing it but its been in place so long i forgot what all i had to tweak in my BIOS so i just loaded the optimized defaults and ran with it. The OC has been in place for over a year at least with no issues. Then all of a sudden BSOD every flight. Hopefully i didnt shorten the life of my CPU TOO much!