IndiaFoxEcho F35b is my favorite but it has a few bugs

I love this plane, especially the B variant. The STOVL and VTOL capabilities amaze me. This quickly became my favorite aircraft. It has all the attributes of all the other aircraft combined. It can hover like a helicopter in VTOL hover mode. It can fly slow so it’s great for sight seeing in STOVL mode. It can fly high and fast. It has the power to climb the highest mountains. I can takeoff/land anywhere. It has interesting flight systems that I’m still learning. I could go on but I think you get my point. It’s my favorite for sure.

It has a few bugs that I’m finding so I’m hoping they fix them. NOTE: I fly in VR and I’m using the SU8 beta so I’m not sure if these can be found in the current non-beta version or if they’re affecting flat-screeners.

1. When I hover the mouse pointer over the ckick-spots on the PFD sometimes it stops working. The only solution I found is if I raise the mouse above the dashboard. Moving the mouse anywhere else doesn’t seem to help. But if I raise it above, then I can lower it to the click spot and it works for a time until it doesn’t again. Then I raise it again and it works again. Strange.
  2. When using the autopilot in GPS mode it doesn’t fly straight. It continually over-flies the route and then corrects itself back on track but it over-flies again and corrects. It basically banks back and forth trying to fly the route. I usually end up in heading mode to stop the continual banking.
  3. When in an external view (the external camera or drone mode) during hovering or STOVL flight the sim will vibrate/stutter. It doesn’t go away until I enter the cockpit again and it doesn’t happen all the time but it does happen often.

I’d also like to see the navigation improved. Specifically you can only see one waypoint on the map and there’s no way to add/remove waypoints. I usually pop open the GTN750 mod to modify the flight plan but I’d prefer to be able to do it right in the F35.

One other improvement I’d like to see is the color of the HUD. When flying in daytime the green color blends into the background and it’s virtually impossible to see clearly. Maybe that can be changed to make it more readable.

But I think it’s off to a great start and I hope they continue to improve it. Do you have any thoughts?

2 Likes

I think I can only answer on your first point. Now I’m a flat-screeners, and we are also affected by the mouse pointer click spot issue. But this is easily solved by turning off Lens Correction settings in the graphics options. If you have the same Lens Correction setting in VR mode, perhaps you can try turning it off and see if the pointer click spot improves on your end.

As for the F-35 in general. I am excited to try this aircraft. But I recently clean reinstalled my PC with Windows 11, so I’m not installing MSFS until the full release of SU8 (with the additional patch hotfix that we all know will always come after every SU). Then I should have a clean MSFS installation and I can finally give this bird a try.

I just wish they released a PaintKit already, I want to create my own liveries.

@Neo4316 it’s OK you’re a flat-screener. We can still be friends :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for the lens correction tip. I’ll try that next time. Hopefully it helps. I understand your wanting to wait for the new release on a new windows install… keep it as clean as possible. And I agree, we need some other colors. All the liveries are military gray so some variety would be welcomed.

I just bought the latest F35, version 1.1.7, and got the same issue as #3.

My system: Windows 11, 48GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, HP Reverb G2. Reprojection OFF. nVidia control panel max FPS limited to 30 FPS.

Only in VR, STOVL mode, external aircraft camera view: the whole VR view was bouncing fast, up and down all the time, until I switch to internal cockpit view or exit STOVL mode. (It’s not regular stutters which occur once a while, with much smaller jerking movements, then go away.) This occurs every time I am in VR + STOVL mode and switch to external view.

It’s smooth flying in all other views, modes, including VR + Normal flight mode + external view.

Does anyone else have the same issue? any suggestion on how to fix?

I contacted IndiaFoxtEcho and they said they never seen it happening in their system/testings.

You describe just what I mentioned in my #3 comment. I flew the F-35 tonight and it happened during my flight so I’ve never found a solution. It doesn’t happen to me all of the time but it does happen often.

I contacted them about this also when I first noticed it. They knew about the issue but said they couldn’t fix it. It was over a year ago so I don’t remember all the details.

I notice when it happens I can pull back on the stick and quickly ascend and it will stop. Then I can fly level without the shaking vibrations for awhile.