IndiaFoxtEcho F35 Lightning

So I saw the f35 was released for pc does that mean it’s getting close to xbox release and does it include the F35a, F35b and F35c?

1 Like

This is from IndiaFoxtEcho’s FB page on the 6th March

“It seems that Microsoft has solved the encryption issue for the Marketplace on PC. Some problems still persist on the X-Box version - and this is all we know at the moment for the Marketplace release.”

So maybe close to release depends on Microsoft. I don’t see why it shouldn’t include the F35a, F35b and F35c

1 Like

No. Not at all the twin Otter was advertised for Xbox and PC at its launch by Microsoft themselves yet still isn’t on Xbox.

The encryption issue has been ongoing for over a month now if memory serves. It’s an entirely different issue to the PC as built differently. Ultimately the test team don’t actually understand planes (they didn’t even Google info on the plane testing to report the F-16s auto Flaps. A common knowlage feature, as a bug delaying its release) nor does the testing actually happen on an Xbox itself so there’s really no way to say that even if they fix the encryption issue tomorrow at last that we will see it on Xbox the week after as could be so many other things. That being said, if all does go well and they actually figure out how to stop encryption, on a device that you can’t even access the files to view manuals, from breaking the F-35.

Hi All

Can someone please shed light on what the Green BOS button to the right of the Throttle does on the F35.

I’ve looked through the manual and must of missed it, just wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction as to what it’s used for ?

Many thanks
Ex Tenebris

From the IFE Discord:

"In the aircraft it switches the flow in the pilot’s mask from the onboard oxygen breathing system to the Backup Oxygen System (BOS), which is basically a SCUBA tank attached to the pilot seat.

In the sim… nothing."

2 Likes

Thank you for the excellent advice
Regards
Ex Tenebris

1 Like

are there any videos or advice how to setup controls for hovering? I watched one video stating the left and right ailerons need to setup for fwd and aft controls, the default keyboard has 4 and 6 but they don’t seem to work in hover mode.

It’s aileron left and right trim that controls fwd/back in the hovor

2 Likes

Cool thanks. In the video it was said aileron trim, when I went to set it up I forgot the trim part.

Cheers!

F35 Update has dropped

Indiafoxtecho - Home | Facebook

NOTAM - we have just released a small update to the F-35 package for MSFS. This update mostly fixes a number of small bugs, and fixes.
We are still working on a new flight model that will implement proper FCS functionalities (including autotrim and g-limiters), but at the moment we are not happy with the results yet.
Also, we have postponed the pseudo-FLIR and mapping functions to a future update as it was broken by SU8 and needs more investigation.

NOTE - STARTING FROM SIM UPDATE 8 THE MSFS PACKAGING TOOLS CREATES MULTIPLE FOLDERS:

• PACKAGES CONTENT ← This folder contains the actual package (e.g. “indiafoxtecho-f35” or “indiafoxtecho-t45”) that should be put in the Community folder.
  • PACKAGES METADATA ← This is only e
    and then there is the ContentManifest.json (useless for Community installations)

Package will be deployed with the usual lead times.

MANUAL:
https://drive.google.com/…/1xi2EBMGnsFhTwgMgV4Obwr5dl…/view…

CHANGE LOG:
14-Mar-2022
Systes upgrade

• Added missing functionality to the “new” HMD:
    a) “dial” graphics for altitude and airspeed when gear is down
    b) general rework of HMD graphics
    c) improved STOVL symbology
    d) improved compass symobology
    e) improved naavigation symbology
    f) added autopilot captions
    g) added clock
    h) added Master Arm and RAD status
    i) added radio altimeter
    j) added hours indication on Time To Steer on the HMD
    k) added ground speed indication
  • Fixed Time To Steer calculation bug
  • Added basic support (Bearing and range) for pure TACAN stations
  • Removed legacy tailhook and launch assistance entries
  • Fixed missing polygons on the tip of the radar radome (external model only)
  • Fixed animation issue of downwash effects in F-35B cockpit
  • Fixed minor animation issue of F-35B Lift-Fan door in VC
  • Fixed minor smoothing issue of F-35B Lift-Fan door in VC
  • Fixed minor texturing and shadowing issue on F-35 wing roots area
  • Fixed Incorrect color coding of TACAN radiosource in EFIS page
  • Fixed minor animation issue of F-35B tailerons
  • Added Koninklijke Luchtmacht F-001 special color courtesy of Christoph Tantow
  • Corrected position of PCD in all cockpit models, and redone AO accordingly
  • Fixed minor glitch on FCS page braking captions
8 Likes

Many thanks for giving us this Update.
After installing it we experienced a CTD immediately after taking off from Bristol.
This was our first CTD when flying the F 35.
After restarting the Sim had a sucessful take off and landing minus the CTD.
FS Realistic gave us a round of Applause as we taxied back,… Ha Ha !
Your wonderful rendition of the F 35 has experienced some teething troubles but you manage to rectify any issues when they arise. If only the same could be said for the real F 35.
The price we pay for your superlative Aircraft is an absolute Bargain when we concider the actual cost of the Real thing.

No doubt there will be more developement issues to contend with but surely the occasional CTD’s that we experience cannot compare with the problems beset by the real world F 35.
Falling out of the Sky and dropping off the end of Aircraft Carriers being the very least of them.
Thanks again and Kind Regards.

ps. A balanced View,…The F-35: Mission ready, interoperable and combat-proven. - YouTube

Its a ■■■■ good thing this is a sim, because I just did that last night. LOL

2 Likes

Please don’t Try this at Home,…

At least you’re not £100 Million out of Pocket.

So this is a news video of someone recording a monitor vertically using a phone camera where the monitor is displaying a type of software that is playingback another video captured by a surveillance camera?

To be honest, I can’t make out anything in that video. I can’t tell if it’s an animation, or why is it in black and blue, is it taking off from a snowy up slope? Are those people moving in 1 FPS while the actual aircraft is moving at 20 fps?

It’s video taken through multiple displays to intentionally obfuscate the source and prevent the leaker from getting into legal trouble from their military chain of command for publicly posting crash video of a current-generation combat aircraft. If this kind of video could be traced back to the source, that individual would likely be facing a military court.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess that makes sense… But we live in an age full of misinformation and manipulation. Maybe I’m just personally highly skeptical when it comes to any news or information that I read/see. As makes sense that this video is based on your explanation. It’s still too obscure for me to actually be convinced on what’s happening.

Many subsequen reports confirmed this was in fact accurate (it was unconfirmed when it first appeared):

SEE ALSO:

Etc.

The wreckage has since been recovered, by the way.

Thanks… this makes more sense.

Just like these Guys,…US Navy sailors charged for allegedly recording and sharing videos of F-35 crash | The Independent

1 Like

Exactly, yeah. Not really a good idea to leak restricted data like that, especially when DOD (*) usually releases stuff like this eventually once an investigation is complete.

Anyway, there’s a ton of really awesome carrier-ops videos on YouTube, absent crash videos, but there’s plenty of those too. But the most fun videos are the USN squadron deployment “Cruise videos” or “Tour videos” - usually 15 - 45 minutes, lots of fun candid shots of the aircrews and support personnel, flight operations, carrier launches and traps, and usually well-edited and set to music.

(*) Can’t speak to the British MOD).

1 Like