Indiafoxtecho M-346

This is the jet trainer I was looking for. It’s got it all–except for a de-icing system. It has “de-mist,” but that doesn’t seem to do the trick. Am I missing something? They get snow in Italy. I’m sure of it!

I’ve read in the most recent version’s release notes that there is an automatic de-icing system. Hmmm. It’s not so effective.

Same I still get a temporary mist on canopy glass when goin through clouds in the winter.
Clears up when I’m out of clouds.

I was flying from a cold airport in Canada, my home country. It was only -2 C. The canopy was frozen before I even turned the engine on. I was not able to defrost it. I changed the weather, but I’d rather do it properly. Oh well. I am very happy with the aircraft otherwise.

Yes I see also in VR and don’t really experience it as badly with any other plane. The M-346 does seem quite taxing for my CPU compared to other planes including their F-35 which I also have.

That’s an issue that I see in all jets with vapour effects on the back of the aircraft, even the default F-18, although to a lesser extent. It was really bad for the F-35 on my end, I would lose about 20 fps in a high G maneuver.

The only solution that worked for me so far was disabling the effects “DragTrail”, “PressTrail” and “WingVapour” in the VisualEffectsLibrary file as per these instructions. You can simply open the file with the Windows Wordpad (right click on the file and Edit).

Except I had to remove these lines completey instead of commenting them out. When I only commented them out, the sim kept crashing. Make a backup of the original file in any case!

And of course, if you use the Microsoft Store version the filepath includes the OneStore folder instead of the Steam one:

i am a little late to the party, just picked this up. on my first flight i noticed a high pitched recurring sound and had to restart the flight because it was very annoying.

next flight up sounded fine. until i turned on the helmet mounted display - the high pitched noise returned and nothing i do, outside of aborting the flight or going to idle throttle, will stop it.

i can live without the hmd although i am curious if anyone else can corroborate this behavior. it would be nice to not have to deal with it at all.

I am not able to reach the game at the moment, but I believe you may have not turned the engines on to full power. After they power up, you have to turn the dial one more notch. You have to do it for both engines. I apologize for my poor description. I hope you can figure it out.

thanks for the idea. i had originally gone through the forum posts and noticed some folks were reporting clicking noises. seems like those were related to the engine switches being left in idle/start and not being moved to norm where they should be post-start. unfortunately, it was one of the first things i confirmed and tried.

my sound issues seem directly tied to turning the helmet mounted display on. i might try to reinstall the plane to see if that fixes the issue but outside of that, i am out of ideas.

It was worth a shot. It seems like a few people miss that. I hope you figure it out!

1 Like

Hey all, question on icing – I found that taking the M-346 up above FL410 I was getting an ice warning and saw a corresponding loss in airspeed, which makes it impossible to climb further and eventually stalls if you try.

While there’s an ice detection warning, I see no anti-ice controls and no icing procedures in the manual, so I’m guessing the legit answer may be “avoid flying in these conditions; that’s near ceiling and icing is bad”. :smiley:

I found that descending a few thousand feet resolved things enough to get my speed back up at a more modest altitude. Any other recommendations?

If it doesn’t have any anti-ice systems, you can’t fly in icing. MSFS tends to be a little heavy on the ice, even in clear air and often at temps not conducive to icing.

1 Like

I suspected as much. :slight_smile: Weather was on the cold side, though it was clear enough I didn’t expect icing. I’ll chalk that up to MSFS being MSFS. :smiley:

Read manual, Page 2.
M346 has automatic de-icing, though it doesn’t specify exactly what and how it works.
It’s definitely windshield and pitot, but unsure how much extends to the body/control surfaces.

Even de-ice systems can only work at a certain rate though, and if the ice buildup exceeds that, you will degrade. A warning in those conditions likely indicates that’s what is happening.

Flow’s weather widget has a nice readout of ice buildup, so you can see how the aircraft systems are handling it if you want some data.

1 Like

Oh that looks handy! I’ll check it out, thanks.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/p42-flow

Just go the M346, really nice aircraft, a few INOP systems but I hope the devs can slowly add them, they are the same devs behind the F35 and that one is more complete and detailed.

I have a small question: Is there any way to keep the display below the HUD in a given page? It keeps reverting to the COMM page that is not the most useful piece of information in every phase of a flight.

Another one: Is there any way to plan fuel? A way to get an estimated fuel on destination or something?

I just purchased this plane.
(On console)
I see no covers for the outside if the aircraft…and no ladder.
Every video I’ve watched…that is present upon loading the aircraft and is there, until the battery is turned on.
Am I missing something…besides the missing items?

That is normal behavior. The extra items are automatic.
Enjoy the plane. It’s one of the aircraft that feels super real. Not easy to land.

2 Likes

Lovely model, but the flight model is badly broken. Pull a hard, level 360 turn and the flight path marker drops to -10 degrees while the altitude indicator rises rapidly. Extend flaps to T/O during approach, and the nose dips down and to the right. Extend to full faps and the aircraft is barely controllable. Looking forward to the next release!

I’m not too familiar with the flight data but full flaps can be problematic with all aircraft. I have this addon and it’s good but I don’t have any idea how it should behave if I was being perfectly honest. Out of interest when was it last updated?