IndiaFoxtEcho's T-45c Goshawk Released

unless they changed that in an update, the F15 has exactly the same TAA issue as this.

It was also officially confirmed by DC Designs: Redirecting...

“TAA mode still tears all and any projected-gauge displays. This is a current limitation within MSFS, and at this time Asobo have not issued a fix.”

As i said…i have no issue

While you for some reason may not notice it, it’s present with TAA. This issue is on Asobo’s end and if you change to DLAA you’ll notice a difference.

2 Likes

It literally murders my FPS (like… -30-40 FPS + stutters) when I turn on both MFDs and the HUD :confused:
I really hope they adress this and try to optimize it more.

Beside that, the texturing and the 3D model are really well done !

How are the engine sounds compared to the G-91? A jet needs to roar or at least scream. Can’t fly the MB-339 anymore because the engine sounds are too tame in comparison. I hope this one is different.

They are worse than the MB-339. In the cockpit is great. External sounds like a weak vacuum cleaner. Literally! Dino needs to step up his game on the sound side of things. Other than that, I love his work.

I think the problem here is, most purchasers of military mods more than like have DCS installed, which is probably the best sound to date for these types of birds. Even DCS needs some work, but at least most of their aircraft sound like a jet engine. All be it generic sometimes.

1 Like

Thank you. Good to know. Would have been an instant buy but since I know the G-91 sounds I can’t take much less.

faster than MB339?

Has anybody Flown this Aircraft yet ? If so can you please Post your views on the T-45C.
Regarding Engine Sounds,… There seems to be a sound Loop which my Hypercritical Flying Fellow said that it brings to mind her 20 year old DYSON and her dear Mums Moped.

FYI - if you’ve bothered to try and listen to what the external sounds are like, you’ll realize the Goshawk resembles that of a massive vacuum cleaner - especially when the GTS spools. Externally, it is close to being accurate - headphone warning: https://youtu.be/GoD9sxy35hI

4 Likes

Correct, with the exception of the fact that when the throttle moves forward, the aircraft should sound similar to an A-4 or other high powered single engine jet fighter on the back end. There is no such rumble from this aircraft. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner only …all the time. Not realistic at all.

Me and my flying friends were discussing this last night and I think it may be a bug where one of the sound files may not be playing. The other sounds do play. Only Dino knows at this point.

1 Like

30-40 FPS is murder? That’s a pretty reasonable frame rate for a flight simulator.

4 Likes

Good lord I was not expecting that, headphone warning, more like ear drum blow out warning :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve had the pleasure of watching VT-22 out in KNQI - there is certainly a deeper rumble when these things taxi and at idle there’s a notable little whine sometimes. The one thing I haven’t heard is the whine, but I do hear the deeper rumble mixed in with the higher pitch “vacuum” sounds.

reminds me of this comment from Aerosoft’s Mathijs:

2 Likes

Matter of fact I lock my FPS to 30 and never allow the sim to render anything beyond that even though my six year old trashcan can easily do beyond 45+ fps at High settings at 4k. Anything beyond 30 is simply not needed for a civilian or combat flight sim imo.

1 Like

+/-30 FPS is not enough for me to fly from cockpit view and have a smooth experience with trackIR it’s kind of nauseating to me if it’s like 40FPS i’m fine with that.

With the current legacy avionics in the T-45c it’s just around 30 FPS in the cockpit for me and drops a bit below it a lot when getting closer to the ground.
So I hope it can be updated when the devs find out they can do some reverse engineering on existing code (Asobo/FBW etc) and brew their own WASM and HTML5/js avionics and don’t blame the SDK. (happened again when contacting the developer of this aircraft on this issue)

or not up in the air…

Good startup and in cockpit video here : T-45C log - YouTube

Getting good framerates here. Same location, same settings, same weather etc on the runway: Goshawk 40-fps, Grand Caravan 39fps . (both default cockpit view)

Shots of the HUD with TAA, then with DLAA

Superb modelling and liking it a lot. Personally I think the sound of it is , as already said, close to the real thing when spooling up and at idle, but it’s just missing some of that jet engine whine/roar when you get on the throttle. Manual is 202 pages :nerd_face:

Worked really well in VR and smooth rates, although the HUD in bright daylight was … challenging to see to the point of being impossible to read. Switched to dusk in the weather settings and it was fine. Behaved itself really well on approach and landing, although I have no idea what the real thing is like to land.

Plenty of reading to do tomorrow.