Individual selection of motors with E + [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 ] key does not work

In the cabin of a twin engine, I cannot select engine 1 or 2 to individually adjust the mixture or propeller pitch or power.
The keyboard sequence “E + 1” or “E + 2” does not work.

Select any twin-engine aircraft
Start both engines
Press the “E” key followed by the “1” key
Press the “F3” keys to increase the power of engine 1
ERROR: the power of the two motors is increased

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: 1.15.8.0

I use the Steam version

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?: NO

I have the same issue. Tested in default Baron 58, no peripherals. Zendesk ticket #129203

1 year later - still not fixed! the “select engine” key command “E” key does not work

Not working yet. I’m on Xbox

Yeah, I too am having difficulty with this. I want to setup switches on my Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle to select engine 1 or 2 to regulate mixture and RPMs (when I fly my Cessna 310R changing RPMs always leads to my #2 engine being off from #1 and then I have to use the mouse to adjust). Now this was easy to do in IL2 Great Battles on my controller and in DCS as well, so why is it so difficult and non-intuitive in MSFS? Even the Keyboard commands do not work as per the KB command cheat sheet provided. I still have plenty of switches to use and want to setup for complete startup procedures.

I tried using the Master Engine 1 and Master engine 2 choices but they do not do anything in the aircraft. I would appreciate any feedback anyone can provide. I’ll deepdive the Blackbird Sims Cessna 310R user manual again though I didn’t see anything mentioned there before.

I am having this issue as well. Has this really not been fixed after almost 2 years?

1 Like

I also experience this problem. So it is a bug then why is it not fixed. As long as this is so a four engine plane is out of question for me. I was considering 146 professional.

1 Like