Indonesian Jungle Air Safari (Rumble In The Jungle)

I have spent the past week or so dusting off an old favorite bush trip in Papua Province, Indonesia and breathing new life and excitement into it by the inclusion of 5 new landing challenges. This is not to say the original flight was not hard enough, I’ve just stepped up the difficulty a few notches. Each of the 13 landing locations in the jungle covered mountain ranges have been rated from “Easy” thru “Heart Pounding” (with the emphasis on the latter) and there will be little chance of sitting back with your feet up on the desk flying with the Auto Pilot on.

I’ve also included a flying challenge at the end (with a double twist hopefully no-one will see coming) that will provide an interesting and again challenging ending to a tough flight, a flight that will really test your landing skills and aircraft handling techniques.
So…following are the details:

Flight Name: INDONESIAN JUNGLE AIR SAFARI

When: Thursday 3rd December at 8pm GMT

Where: Papua Province, Indonesia

Flight Duration: Approx 3hrs (dependent on number of pilots attending)

Aircraft: Cessna Grand Caravan (this and the Daher Kodiak are the two “workhorses” used in these parts in real life)

Server: SOUTH EAST ASIA

Flight Plan and Landing Details Summary Pack have now been loaded up to the discord server channel

Voice Chat facility is provided in the Gunpilots-challenging-strips channel on the server

GUNPILOTS-CHALLENGING-STRIPS Channel within MSFS BUSH PILOTS Discord Server
(link below)

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/Z5f5nkETQS (& go to gunpilots-challenging-strips channel)

4 Likes

Hello,
I have renamed your title. The use of all capitals is prohibited, per the Code of Conduct.

I’ve been waiting all week for this flight.
See you in the jungle!!! :palm_tree: :lizard: :mountain:

1 Like

Thanks but no flightplan on the discord channel (unless I am not lookin gin the right place)

Found it thanks for that.

Just one of many exciting departures in the Indonesian Jungle!!

Does anyone know where I can find the flight plan to this? I went to the Discord, but it somehow had only the latest event flight plan in the channel.

If you want to fly a plan then you should fly on the scheduled day with the group…I pull plans as soon as they have been flown on the scheduled day…

That’s too bad, seeing as I could find plans for all other earlier events. But I can respect that - I don’t suppose you plan to run this one again? It looks really fun :slight_smile:

Nope…onwards and upwards