Inibuilds A310: Autopilot Issues

I’ve been leaning to fly the new A310 and am embarked upon initial flights. However, I have encountered consistent problems with the autopilot. The model follows my programmed flight from way point to way point for the initial fifteen minutes or so of each flight and then, the autopilot stops navigating laterally. The flight directors are showing the correct directions and the autopilot works correctly in terms of vertical navigation. Notably, when I switch to heading mode, it also does not work. Has anyone encountered this problem? And if so, any guesses as to what might be wrong or how to fix it?

Have you tried entering “a direct to” in the FMC to get the aircraft back on the proper NAV path, and when having done so, does she comply? Are you taking off from an airport where you are “to follow a heading then direct to “said” waypoint.” be sure the aircraft is in Profile and NAV mode.

1 Like

If you’re in profile and nav mode, there should be no issues. The only reason I can think of where it would stop working is if you have a discontinuity in your flight plan. Is this the case?

Thanks. I’ve tried your suggestions myself, but to no avail. I think the odd thing is that the Flight Directors are working but the Autopilot doesn’t follow them. And the fact that the heading mode doesn’t work is also weird. And thanks also MSFSFreak, but I also had fixed all discontinuities. I will keep trying to sort this out.

1 Like

How do you go about your flight Planning? do you use the Aircraft FMC/MCDU or are you planning on the world map page? Its not supposed to have any effect. But I find for the best result, to either import your flight plan via simbrief. Or input it manually.

Since I started learning this model, I’ve done mostly manual inputs for flight planning. But on the last flight (which like earlier ones failed due to the autopilot issue), I used Simbrief.

Hmm thats is really odd. I wish I had a solution for you.

1 Like

are you starting from a cold and dark state and Aligning the IRS?

Very strange…I’ve not nothing else to add to the conversation. Seems like all the usual suspects are covered.

1 Like

Tried another flight yesterday and managed to complete it. About half way through the trip from CDG to Geneva, the autopilot lateral navigation started to wander, but the heading mode worked, allowing me to follow waypoints “semi-manually.” Then about 100 miles before the STAR, NAV mode started working again and all went well through descent, approach and landing. Rather odd, but I’ll take it.

And while I’m at it, has anyone encountered problems with the calculation function in EFB.? In computing take off performance functions, I enter all the relevant date, click “Calculate” but nothing happens.

When you hit “calculate” is there anything highlighted in red? If so, there is a problem with what you’ve entered.

As far as the autopilot issue, I’d suggest you post these issues in the IniBuilds forum. I’m sure they can get you sorted over there.

Same thing happens to me, during every flight. AP follows the SID and the STAR, but it lacks lateral navigation in the middle, so HDG is the only way for me. (Xbox Series X)

Are you using Simbrief?

Yes. Every time I fly this plane

Very odd. I’ve never had this happen.

I can’t even get Nav to follow any waypoint. Sid or not .I’m at a wits end.

Is the Flight Director on? Are you using a controller or a joystick, or both?

Hi, have you checked if you have “auto rudder” and / or “assisted yoke” enabled in MSFS settings? If so, turn it off. That did it for me.

1 Like

For performance Calc You need to type over the pressure in millibars.(without a decimal point) It defaults to inHG but it doesn’t like that.

Try that.

I followed iniBuilds video tutorial but sometimes it seems that autopilot is not engage correctly. In the video these steps are performed:

Take Off:

• Click PROFILE
  • Click NAV
  • Click TOGA

Before descent:

• Set ALT SEL to the last altitude before landing (take the value from FMC)
  • Click PROFILE button 2 times

At around 18000 ft:

• Set VOR/NAV/ILS on ILS

Last steps before landing:

• At 16 NM (DME) from runaway click LAND
  • Set SPD/MACH to landing speed (take the value from APPROACH on FMC)

I have the impression that some of these steps are not correct and sometimes the autopilot is not correctly engaged.

Do you have some tips on how to use the autoflight management system?